Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ?? >

Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Notices

Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Old 03-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

possibly going do a cam and head swap on my H.O. and I'm looking for somebody that can handle the job and that is reasonably priced. Talked to the marina where the boat is located and they were outrageous.. Does not have to be a shop,, but has to know 100% what they doing.. Thanks chris
Old 03-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered

Default Re: Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

PM JCPerf from OSO he can do the job and has a good reputation. His pricing is also very fair. His shop is on Long Island.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Default Re: Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Thought you were looking at a cig?
If you know what you want to do and are looking for assembly talk to Johnny V. His brother has an engine shop that is first class. If I were keeping the AT he would be my new engine guy with out question. The problem is he is just getting into the Marine stuff and if you are looking for someone to design a package, he might not be your guy, but he would tell you that.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Thought you were looking at a cig?
If you know what you want to do and are looking for assembly talk to Johnny V. His brother has an engine shop that is first class. If I were keeping the AT he would be my new engine guy with out question. The problem is he is just getting into the Marine stuff and if you are looking for someone to design a package, he might not be your guy, but he would tell you that.
Cristoball,,, No Cig for me,, not with gas on the water going to be around 3.00 - 3.50.... not to mention needing a new tow vehicle,, I just cant afford to run twins right now, filling up one 110 gallon tank is bad enough for 275.00 never mind TWO... Going to stick w/ the single for now,, but when the time comes we'll be looking for an 02 or newer cig T.G T.S.

P.S I will give Johnny's bro a call,, Paulie reccomended him to me yesterday,, just asking around, would like to find somebody thats willing to do it on the side for some extra cash and won't rape me for 100.00 bucks an hour.. Thanks chris
Old 03-24-2005, 01:34 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

JC... competent, knowledgable, and works for peanuts...
Just kiddn... he's finishing up my engine now.
He knows his sh*t, see if he can fit you in.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Even though he hates Apaches ( what a dork ) he has a great reputation and lots of marine experience......
Old 03-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Registered

Thanks for the suggestions...

P.S. kit would be from Raylar,, full instructions and everything needed to do the complete job,, just need a qualified mechanic..

Last edited by Chris288; 03-24-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frankie Damico from Albany can do this for you. He really knows his stuff but only does it on the side. Give me a call if your interested and Ill pass on his number. He does alot of work for the locals around here and some on this board can vouch for him and his work

Bob
518 361-6521
Old 03-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris288

P.S. kit would be from Raylar,, full instructions and everything needed to do the complete job,, just need a qualified mechanic..
Pm me if you need anything.Remember the motors i assembled propel Anna k. around in Enriques Cig.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris288

I would call Tyler crocket before you waist your money.A very reputable engine biulder is testing those heads right now ,so far they didnt come close to 50 hp over stock.Im so glad I didnt waste my money. stay tuned when tests are done ill ask him if I can post his shops name.Do you really think 100 hp would give you 14 mile per hr ? YOU dont have to agree with me .Do some more homework .

Quick Reply: Need an engine guy in NY, NJ or CT, that can do a cam/head swap on a 496 ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.