Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This just isn't right--How pissed would you be? >

This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Notices

This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Old 03-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

When Gerard called me and told me what was going on I could not believe it. The guy who is doing the work actually has a reputable name ( used to at least). This is the reason i used to trailer my boat 3 hours to Teague to get any work done. After dealing with shops that would return the boat with grease on the interior ect... I decided it was not worth it to save some driving time.

My new boat will only go to havasu to be worked on because it has O/B power and Teague does not work on them. I know the shop in Havasu from previous dealings, and know they will take care of the boat. It seems like there are not many people in the marine industry you can trust with your boat.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
that sucks...............no respect for your equipment. time to pull the plug.unfortunatly the miami schuffle has arrved in california...........p.s.when were you promised the boat.how much deposit you leave?my condolances. m.m.
the miami schuffle now has a franchise program.........

Last edited by el indio; 03-26-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Gerard,
This is NO way to begin a long and healthy relationship with your engine builder/boat mechanic. Get it out. There is NO excuse for this. Is the boat still in running condition? Are you sure he has not used it? That would be one slight more step from having it at his house, and I would not put it past him. If its not, where are all your parts? His house? His shop? eBay? WhoTF knows?

Start a relationship with a new builder. Go see Teague or someone; explain the situation, and see what you can come up with. RUN away from this guy.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Gerard,
This is NO way to begin a long and healthy relationship with your engine builder/boat mechanic. Get it out. There is NO excuse for this. Is the boat still in running condition? Are you sure he has not used it? That would be one slight more step from having it at his house, and I would not put it past him. If its not, where are all your parts? His house? His shop? eBay? WhoTF knows?

Start a relationship with a new builder. Go see Teague or someone; explain the situation, and see what you can come up with. RUN away from this guy.
Brian,
I do agree with you. The guy is rebuilding my motors now...they are out of the boat, so I know he isn't using it. As soon as it is done- I won't have him touch my boat again unless it needs motor warranty work.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 03-26-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Brian,
I do agree with you. The guy is rebuilding my motors now...they are out of the boat, so I know he isn't using it. As soon as it is done- I won't have him touch my boat again unless it needs motor warranty work.
from my experiance unfortunatly when you aventually get your boat back your problems will first bagin.the guy is a slob.you might want to show him this thread to get his attention.but chances his price was what got your attention in the first place.most of these types figure for every customer they loose they get 4 new ones.most hi perf boaters last 3 years.then they get smart.........they unload.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Registered

I gues I am getting some closure here......I just got off the phone with the shop owner. I called to lay down some new groundrules between me, him and my boat. He said that he was truely sorry and will do what it takes to make it right. He said he aready had the boat cleaned and the stains removed from the boat.
He acknowledged that my boat will stay indoors, in his shop, covered, etc... from here on out.

He also said the boat will be completely detailed to my satisfaction when I go to pick it up.

This is really the best resolution I can expect---if he follows through with his promises.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

the MAIN thing ....why at his house ????? whats up with that ??? are you sure you want these guys inside those 500's ?????
Old 03-26-2005, 01:13 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Semper, I hope this all works out for you. Keep us posted!!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offthefront
the MAIN thing ....why at his house ????? whats up with that ??? are you sure you want these guys inside those 500's ?????
The average size boat in his shop is probably 24'...so moving mine out of the shop clears alot of room for other boats. I know why he did it, but don't agree with what he did.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I gues I am getting some closure here......I just got off the phone with the shop owner. I called to lay down some new groundrules between me, him and my boat. He said that he was truely sorry and will do what it takes to make it right. He said he aready had the boat cleaned and the stains removed from the boat.
He acknowledged that my boat will stay indoors, in his shop, covered, etc... from here on out.

He also said the boat will be completely detailed to my satisfaction when I go to pick it up.

This is really the best resolution I can expect---if he follows through with his promises.
i am happy for you.i hope all works out.after all i wouldnt want to see you with a chip on your shoulder. best of luck.........magnum mark..

Quick Reply: This just isn't right--How pissed would you be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.