Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Chesapeake Bay - Bohemia or Sassafrass River Ramps? >

Chesapeake Bay - Bohemia or Sassafrass River Ramps?

Notices

Chesapeake Bay - Bohemia or Sassafrass River Ramps?

Old 03-29-2005, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chesapeake Bay - Bohemia or Sassafrass River Ramps?

I'm planning on checking out the Sassafrass and Bohemia river areas on the upper Chesapeake bay in a few weeks, anyone have info on places with good ramps with trailer parking?
Any good reasonably priced marinas with docks for 1-2 nights of overnighting?
Best boat up bars in that area?
Old 03-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Registered

Default Re: Chesapeake Bay - Bohemia or Sassafrass River Ramps?

The best ramp is located at Anchor Marine located on the Northeast River, I would put in there and run to the Sassfras & Boehmia Rivers from there, the ramp on those rivers are not the greatest IMO. You also could put in at Elk Neck State Park on Elk River also have nice facilities. There are a lot of good bars/restaurants on the Upper Bay, Chesapeake Inn on the CD canel, Nauti Goose - Northeast River to name a few..

Its a real nice area been boating there for five years now keep my boat at Jackson Marine on Northeast River, maybe we will see you sometime this summer.

Underatker
Old 03-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have pre paid for a 40' lift slip at Lee's marina on the North East river just a few miles from the Naughty Goose.
I moved to a high and dry closer to my home and will not need the slip this season.
They will hoist your boat in the water in 15 minutes or so and store your trailer on site.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered

Wild, where is Dallastown, PA??? Just Curious!

Undertaker
Old 03-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Registered

I'm coming down the turnpike from Allentown, PA. I checked out Elk state park and want to keep East of the 95 and 40 tolls. I'm use to picking up Route 1 and exiting the first exit after the C&D canal.

Lee's marine, is that near Tome's landing, I was just there recently, not sure if that's even the right river, forgive my geography... We trailer everywhere and am interested in doing a few trips to this area. Been down toward Kent Island a bunch of times, but thought a shorter trailer time to the Northern Chesapeake would be interesting.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Undertaker
Wild, where is Dallastown, PA??? Just Curious!

Undertaker
We are 5 miles south east of York Pa and 40 miles north of Baltimore MD!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by East Coast B
I'm coming down the turnpike from Allentown, PA. I checked out Elk state park and want to keep East of the 95 and 40 tolls. I'm use to picking up Route 1 and exiting the first exit after the C&D canal.

Lee's marine, is that near Tome's landing, I was just there recently, not sure if that's even the right river, forgive my geography... We trailer everywhere and am interested in doing a few trips to this area. Been down toward Kent Island a bunch of times, but thought a shorter trailer time to the Northern Chesapeake would be interesting.
Tome's is at the mouth of the Susquehanna and Lee's is 2 miles east of rt 40 on the North East river and is located in the small town of North East MD.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Registered

East coast boater If you want to launch on the Bohemia you have two options, Bohemia vista which is on the north side of the river on town point road or cross the river and use the ramp over the little bridge, but then you will need to pass thru the speed limit area. Takes about ten min. If you need directions or help call me I live 1/2mile away The best boat restaurant is the chesapeake inn at the chesapeake city bridge There are many others
Michael 410-885-2848
Old 03-29-2005, 12:06 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

I've been checking too , after the Delaware oil spill last year . I may just make it my base of operations this years instead of running down there. I found two ramps on the Bohemia right near the Hacks Point bridge. Both $125 a season. Anybody know what Anchor gets for a season ramp pass?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Chesapeake Bay - Bohemia or Sassafrass River Ramps?

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
We are 5 miles south east of York Pa and 40 miles north of Baltimore MD!
Got to hate that 74 traffic. Good thing you don't live in Red Lion. I'm only about 15 mins. north of you.

Can you park over night at Havre de grace public ramp? I put in there all of the time.

Quick Reply: Chesapeake Bay - Bohemia or Sassafrass River Ramps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.