Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold? >

powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Notices

powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Old 04-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Originally Posted by Ed
Equally as important as Midnight purchasing the 33' & 38' tooling...They also bought the rights to the name. For a song, I might add. So there won't be anything to dispute in the future. End of story. Ed
Ed-
Are you with Edit marine? if you are, are you going to be rigging the new Powerplays? Have an opeing for an engineering intern?
Old 04-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed
Equally as important as Midnight purchasing the 33' & 38' tooling...They also bought the rights to the name. For a song, I might add. So there won't be anything to dispute in the future. End of story. Ed
So in theory the Powerplay name can live on ?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Ed-
Are you with Edit marine? if you are, are you going to be rigging the new Powerplays? Have an opeing for an engineering intern?
LostinBostin...No, I am not with Edit Marine. Ed is an old friend though. Very dedicated & hard working individual in the performance boat rigging/building business over the years. Give him a call for that internship...You could learn from one of the best. Ed
Old 04-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 925 Likes on 465 Posts

WOW! last pic in post #16...the guy in the green shirt and hat on the phone....thats my buddy Karl (the owner of Dolphin) and i believe he was on the phone with me at that very moment too!! He was giving me play by play of the auction as it was going on

On a side note.... Karl is not realy interested in the go-fast model of the 25 since they only build fishing boats and thats what he bought the 25 for (the Sport fishing model) so he asked me to feel out the waters to see if anyone would be interested in getting a 25' Go-fast model in a kit form. He said they would build all the fiberglass parts of the boat. Install stringers and fuel tanks etc and screw the deck to the hull temporarily so that anyone wanting their own project to finnish can do what they want. Any interest in something like that?

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
WOW! last pic in post #16...the guy in the green shirt and hat on the phone....thats my buddy Karl (the owner of Dolphin) and i believe he was on the phone with me at that very moment too!! He was giving me play by play of the auction as it was going on

On a side note.... Karl is not realy interested in the go-fast model of the 25 since they only build fishing boats and thats what he bought the 25 for (the Sport fishing model) so he asked me to feel out the waters to see if anyone would be interested in getting a 25' Go-fast model in a kit form. He said they would build all the fiberglass parts of the boat. Install stringers and fuel tanks etc and screw the deck to the hull temporarily so that anyone wanting their own project to finnish can do what they want. Any interest in something like that?
That would be cool!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oops!!! I forgot to say congrat's to OSO Steve!!

Will Midnight Express be building them in the near future?? If so, hopefully they will be traditional and all sportfish models!!!

The older Midnight Express traditional boats had great lines to them!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Weinstein did not show his face and based on the people there and their comments it was probably a smart move.
He was there Friday and, considering the row he was having with wife/gf, was surprisingly forthcoming answering questions.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Registered

Good that a decent company (midnight) got the molds and will use them for good!! I hope they keep the sportdeck as well, not just center consoles