Like Tree0Likes

powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Reply
Old 04-03-2005, 03:26 PM
  #21
Registered
 
LostinBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Equally as important as Midnight purchasing the 33' & 38' tooling...They also bought the rights to the name. For a song, I might add. So there won't be anything to dispute in the future. End of story. Ed
Ed-
Are you with Edit marine? if you are, are you going to be rigging the new Powerplays? Have an opeing for an engineering intern?
LostinBoston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:30 PM
  #22
Registered
 
frequentflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Miami, FL
My Boats: 1998 Powerplay 25
Posts: 796
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Equally as important as Midnight purchasing the 33' & 38' tooling...They also bought the rights to the name. For a song, I might add. So there won't be anything to dispute in the future. End of story. Ed
So in theory the Powerplay name can live on ?
frequentflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:29 AM
  #23
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Ft.Lauderdale, Fl.
Posts: 798
Thumbs up Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Ed-
Are you with Edit marine? if you are, are you going to be rigging the new Powerplays? Have an opeing for an engineering intern?
LostinBostin...No, I am not with Edit Marine. Ed is an old friend though. Very dedicated & hard working individual in the performance boat rigging/building business over the years. Give him a call for that internship...You could learn from one of the best. Ed
Ed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:14 AM
  #24
Were doomed!
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Chicago, IL
My Boats: Chris Craft Stinger 222
Posts: 5,527
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

WOW! last pic in post #16...the guy in the green shirt and hat on the phone....thats my buddy Karl (the owner of Dolphin) and i believe he was on the phone with me at that very moment too!! He was giving me play by play of the auction as it was going on

On a side note.... Karl is not realy interested in the go-fast model of the 25 since they only build fishing boats and thats what he bought the 25 for (the Sport fishing model) so he asked me to feel out the waters to see if anyone would be interested in getting a 25' Go-fast model in a kit form. He said they would build all the fiberglass parts of the boat. Install stringers and fuel tanks etc and screw the deck to the hull temporarily so that anyone wanting their own project to finnish can do what they want. Any interest in something like that?
__________________
-Wally

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Wally is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:42 AM
  #25
Registered
 
FunHome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Kansas & LOTO
My Boats: 28ft Saber, 22 Velocity
Posts: 2,648
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
WOW! last pic in post #16...the guy in the green shirt and hat on the phone....thats my buddy Karl (the owner of Dolphin) and i believe he was on the phone with me at that very moment too!! He was giving me play by play of the auction as it was going on

On a side note.... Karl is not realy interested in the go-fast model of the 25 since they only build fishing boats and thats what he bought the 25 for (the Sport fishing model) so he asked me to feel out the waters to see if anyone would be interested in getting a 25' Go-fast model in a kit form. He said they would build all the fiberglass parts of the boat. Install stringers and fuel tanks etc and screw the deck to the hull temporarily so that anyone wanting their own project to finnish can do what they want. Any interest in something like that?
That would be cool!!!
FunHome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:46 AM
  #26
Registered
 
FunHome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Kansas & LOTO
My Boats: 28ft Saber, 22 Velocity
Posts: 2,648
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Oops!!! I forgot to say congrat's to OSO Steve!!

Will Midnight Express be building them in the near future?? If so, hopefully they will be traditional and all sportfish models!!!

The older Midnight Express traditional boats had great lines to them!!!
FunHome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:51 AM
  #27
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 228
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Weinstein did not show his face and based on the people there and their comments it was probably a smart move.
He was there Friday and, considering the row he was having with wife/gf, was surprisingly forthcoming answering questions.
Cevert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:49 PM
  #28
Registered
 
dkwestern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lake St. Clair
My Boats: 33' Powerplay triple 2.5's
Posts: 2,973
Default Re: powerplay auction, guess who got the 38' mold?

Good that a decent company (midnight) got the molds and will use them for good!! I hope they keep the sportdeck as well, not just center consoles
dkwestern is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
RumRunner
Mid Atlantic US
12
12-25-2014 06:49 PM
cowisl
Powerplay
53
04-18-2013 10:37 PM
Jassman
Nordic
8
09-06-2006 02:18 AM
packinair
Powerplay
8
09-14-2005 11:19 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.