Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again.... >

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Old 04-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
I replied on that thread... we'll see if it makes it to thru the censor.

Acres Per Second, I would like to congratulate you on once again skewing any data you plagerize off the internet to meet your one track mind.

How about including acid rain in your theories on polution at Lake Winnie? Winnie is down wind (read: East) from some of the largest cities in the eastern US and Canada. Detroit, Buffalo, TORONTO, and even Montreal. Detroit and Toronto are THE two largest auto manufaturing cities in North America. All the polution these industrial cities put into the air eventually fall as rain... and unfortuanatly the lakes, rivers, and streams of the American northeast are where this normally happens. We are experiencing the same issues with lakes in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Polution from the Twin Cities and Duluth are tainting the lakes there. Fish are dying, water clarity is down, and rings just as you provided a photograph of are present (though much of what you show is probably due more to vegitation such as leaves decomposing on the lake bottom).

Also, as Audiofn has already said, performance boats tend to run on the lean side for more power. I've actually blown up a motor looking for that last couple of hp running it a little too lean. I know many other GRBL boaters who have done the same thing....So I guess that blows your performance boat running rich theory right out of the water (pun intended). If you want to point a finger at some kind of motor contributing to the polution more than any other, try all the 2 stroke outboards and PWC's running around Winnie. I'll bet they outnumber the performance boats 50-1 (or more!). You want to talk running rich?? Oily?? Start there and leave the small % of performance boats out of it. There are many lakes here in Michigan that do not allow 2 strokes anymore.... maybe someone should start that crusade at Winnie?????
Ya great job ..get him to start a crusade banning two strokes ..What will I do with these
We already have people that want to ban sleds etc up here ...Lets stick to the topic at hand.

Last edited by Pantera1; 08-02-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record, I am not the one who originally coined the term "Nazi Don", and you are right, that is a little the wrong side of the line. So here on OSO and in front of the world, I apolologize to Don for calling him Nazi Don. I will not do that again.

HOWEVER, he pizzes the chit right out of me for the extremely biased and one sided manner he runs his Forum, but as Pantera pointed out it is HIS Forum. I just don't like it and not afraid to say I don't like it.

I received a rather irate email from him this afternoon to which I, of course, replied. I will post it here later this evening.

A lot of people do not care for me because I never learned to sugar coat issues. I tell it straight. For some reason that seems to make a lot of people uncomfortable. I'm actually not too bad a guy, I just don't mind standing up for what I believe in. And if that ruffles some feathers, well that's just the way it is.

Other than that I'm just peaches and cream....
Old 04-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

I can't remember who it was that mentioned the the power plants near the lake but it sparked a curiosity in me to research this topic about where the pollution is coming from. (Thank you whoever it was I'm too lazy to re-read the thread to find out ) I wonder what kind of Vehicle Acer drives? It better be electric with the way he flops his jopps.
Here's an article I found.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0401/p02s01-usju.html

I'll post other stuff as I find them.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Tell the Acer it's the EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) fault for not resrticting the plants. He needs to go picket them.

What a dork.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Registered

I could hold a more intelligent conversation with a box of rocks than with Acres. You gotta wonder where in the world he comes up with this insanity.

However I will admit it's interesting just to see what idiot concept he will bring up next. I almost feel sorry for the guy, almost....

I've decided not to post the emails of this afternoon and tonight. It's a waste of space. Suffice to say Don and I don't quite see eye to eye.

He doesn't like me and I don't like him. Enuff said...
Old 04-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
What was Saddam's minister of informations name? the guy that was on tv saying the infidels were being slaughtered in the desert and weren't close to Bagdag - while the marines were in the bldng he was broadcating from.
Baghdad Bob.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Pantera, I was simply trying to show Acres that there are other issues that loom much larger over Winnie than the dreaded GFBL boaters. Banniing 2 strokes on a lake like Winnie would be harder than getting a speed limit imposed. The lakes here in Michigan that do not allow 2-strokes are limited access lakes, mostly owned by associations and such.... no public (free) ramps.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Registered

Default Webmaster or Webdictator

Not only does he censor but also adds fuel to the fire. There was a thread about a big boat causing wakes, so he posted pictures of one individuals boat ( A large yellow fountain), asking "is the boat?" and then proceeded to post the picture of the carver. And of course then folks started commenting on the boat, color, why is that needed on this lake, etc.

I flipped on him about that.

C
Old 04-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

A fountain at 30 mph will throw half the wake a Carver would at the same mph.... some people just don't get it.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Registered

Default Winnilakers.com

I'll be changing the forum soon, I assume you guys like this one. Just really didn't have enough input until recently from folks.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee "speed woosies" at it again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.