Boating in the St Louis Area?? >

Boating in the St Louis Area??

Notices

Boating in the St Louis Area??

Old 04-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating in the St Louis Area??

If you live on the west side of St Louis where would you boat? LOTO? Can you Navigate the Mo river or is it to much trouble, shallow,,muddy??etc?? How long to trailer to LOTO from Univ City area? How much to store a boat inside on LOTO? Thanks, I may be moving.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Boating in the St Louis Area??

I live in O'Fallon MO, and LOTO is 1.45hrs door to door - Ucity would be about 2.5hrs. its a nice drive, dont mess with the rivers

Wild
Old 04-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yup, I'd be boating LOTO. Easy 2 hours towing... less if you wanna drive harder. I like highway 54... it goes thru some nice country and I believe they are about done with the improvements.

As I understand it, Lake St. Louis is mostly runnabouts and pontoon boats... but you could check it out I guess.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

LOTO is best bet.

I wouldnt even think about the MO river. Its too shallow, too much debris & then there is those killer jumpin oriental fish.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Registered

I'm in Ofallon, MO too. LOTO all the way. The mississippi is too dirty and floods too much. Forget about the Missouri river. Lake St Louis has limits on size and hp, so it's just ski boats and pontoons. And I think you need to live there for a permit.
You better plan on 2 1/2 hrs for towing. Although I discovered rack storage was cheaper compared to gas for towing a 30' Scarab.
Cost will depend on slip, lift, rack storage, which facility, location, etc.
My advice if you're thinking about trailering, rack storage inside at Port Arrowhead, by the month, for the summer. They can lift up to 40" boats.
Gary
Old 04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Registered

Go to LOTO once, you won't want to go anywhere else. If you're moving to west St. Louis my bet is you'll end up buying property at LOTO within a few years....
Old 04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

we have an OSO member who works at Arrowhead (or one of the big marina's) I think... Bilgerat if memory serves. He may be able to swing you a deal on rack storage.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Registered

A "deal" at Port Arrowhead (aka Port Overhead)? I would love to see that!
But they do have one of the better facilities there, and THE BEST parts selection in their inventory.

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
we have an OSO member who works at Arrowhead (or one of the big marina's) I think... Bilgerat if memory serves. He may be able to swing you a deal on rack storage.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
your thinking of Lakeshores.
bilgerat is Jason , one of the owners.
they dont have rack storage but will put you in and out with a phone call. they do have indoor storage though.
dont know what they charge.

lakeshores 573-374-5257

Old 04-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bergers Marine will pull the boat in and out for you with a phone call, I did it for a year and it was great, called on Thursday and when I got down there it was sitting in the water ready to go. docked it on sunday night, then on monday they put it on the trailer and stored it for me.

Wild

Quick Reply: Boating in the St Louis Area??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.