Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl. >

Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Notices

Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Old 05-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Yup that was us....
Old 05-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Banned

It looks like I'll have my river runner by the weekend. They called today and said my Donzi is ready. We are probably running there tomorrow and pick it up.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:21 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

One word on the entrance of the run to the Glen...there is a channel and you WILL drag.It's about 500' of dile through this part and you should pay attention the entire time.I have been up this run soo many times it is not even funny.It is shallow ..maybe about 3 foot in several areas.BUT it is soft kinda like so you really can't see it.Watch you depth finder..you'll see it bottom out from being too shallow.My buddy has a 30' Formula cruiser and he drags every time.Not bad but still leaves a groove.All the 40' you see back there are V-drive's..but you can pretty much get anything back there..

I'm not sure I would try and negotiate the Lake right in front of the Glen come Saturday afternoon...It will be like a parking lot.Go out and you'll see what I mean.

As it is today our bigger boat is going Thursday afternoon abd we my 23' and my buddy's little 19' are going friday night at about dusk from Astor....Running that section of the river at night is something to experience...I would suggest taking it easy and slow.If there is no moon you're gonna be spotlighting the corners...then comes the Lake...It's bigger than you think.Come out of the Weer on the St John's and head to 10 o'clock across the Lake..It'll be a couple miles and look for boats coming and going...it's gonna be the only sign of the Glen "run"...many a people can't find the mouth of the Glen....It's poorly marked at best....I find it to be one of the best experiences of a "Glen" HOliday weekend...You will travel about 200 yards or so in the dark up the run.You might se a Sheriff or two sittiin in the dark watchin you come in so behave and keep it quiet.You will wonder why they are there.
..Ranger Station on the left(huge house) but you won't really see it.You'll notice the exhaust tone change as the cold 72 degree spring water runs through the pipes and you hear them echo off the trees yuo are all of a sudden surrounded by..Looks like nothing in sight..Not a light not a boat not a sound....then you round the corner a bit and see what everyone talks about...kinda like walking into a stadium.(looks like a forest from the outside)..Think about a football field sized pool with a slight bend packin 200 plus boats side by side..all shapes all sizes....Race boats to bass boats...it's there.....It's a Plethora of lights,dinghy's and alchohol induced parties....Find your friends...Moor up.or double anchor it and fix a drink...The dark makes for a very interesting effect.Enjoy!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered

Somebody PLEASE take pix.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:02 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cuda
I'm hoping to pick up my river runner today.
Was it delayed again?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kitten
Was it delayed again?
Yes, I was supposed to pick it up Sunday. Drove all the way to Clearwater and he wasn't there.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

[QUOTE=Shorgasm]One word on the entrance of the run to the Glen...there is a channel and you WILL drag.It's about 500' of dile through this part and you should pay attention the entire time.I have been up this run soo many times it is not even funny.It is shallow ..maybe about 3 foot in several areas.BUT it is soft kinda like so you really can't see it.Watch you depth finder..you'll see it bottom out from being too shallow.My buddy has a 30' Formula cruiser and he drags every time.Not bad but still leaves a groove.All the 40' you see back there are V-drive's..but you can pretty much get anything back there..

Shor,
So what your saying is that I will DRAG my 35' boat on the bottom @ the entrance to the Glen, no matter where I come thru the channel?
Only 2 more days!
Dean
Old 05-25-2005, 06:24 AM
Registered

I'm bummed I wanna go......
Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Banned

Dean, when are you arriving?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Talking Re: Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Originally Posted by cuda
Dean, when are you arriving?
Cuda,
Hopefully ~ noon, Friday @ Hontoon's!
Dean

Quick Reply: Memorial Day 2005 on the St. Johns River, Fl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.