Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LOTO shootout - HELP please. >

LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Notices

LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Old 04-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Steve_H

Default Re: LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Originally Posted by Cord
We typically make the trip with a whole group of people and share a condo. It sounds like things are going to fall apart this year. None of us have boats to run which means we'll be sitting on the dock the entire time. No thanks. Do you want to take my reservation over? It's a very nice 2 bedroom condo right on the water. One cove over from Shooters. There are nice covered slips for rent. The next cove over has gas and pretty girls in bikini's to pump it. There is also a decent ramp there with a private place to park the trailers. State park is a short run down the road for a really nice ramp. If you don't want to go boating you can sit in the pool and watch the shootout!
probably the best seat in the house!
sorry to hear you guys arent coming this year

Old 04-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks not to make it. Last year we had a pretty good taste of things on Sunday when I was broken. With out at least one boat between us you might as well not even bother to show up.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:15 AM
yss
Registered

Thanks for all the input. We will be renting a 4 bed 3 bath condo at Park Viewbay along w/ 2 boat slips. Per everyone's advise, we will be leaving the 22' and 26' @ home and will be taking a 28 cig and a 30 baja.

Thank you!
Old 04-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by yss
Thanks for all the input. We will be renting a 4 bed 3 bath condo at Park Viewbay along w/ 2 boat slips. Per everyone's advise, we will be leaving the 22' and 26' @ home and will be taking a 28 cig and a 30 baja.

Thank you!
Good choice.

Also, you have a strip of no wake to go through to the shootout, about 3/4 miles. It is patroled closely. Do not stretch your luck there....
Old 04-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

You have made excellent choices on the boats and the condo, you'll have a blast.!

Honestly, somebody could have gotten hurt if you had taken the 22 footer. LOTO has become borderline dangerous for anything under 27' during the busy times in my opinion, and nothing is busier than the Shootout.

When I had the 232 Baja, I had many waves break over the top of the windshield, and swamp the boat. It was scary. The area around mile marker 19 is the worst, where everything comes together. The wife and I decided we would never go back until we got a bigger boat. Thankfully we did.!
Old 04-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Madmax
The area around mile marker 19 is the worst, where everything comes together. The wife and I decided we would never go back until we got a bigger boat. Thankfully we did.!
And mile marker 19 is exactly where you will enter the no wake zone that leads to Parkview Bay. It will be like a wash machine right in front of the no wake. The other place that can get pretty nasty is the 90 degree turn right before the entrance to Party cove. Make sure to keep the nose up or you will definitely bury it.

We used to just run back and forth from Parkview Bay to the mouth of Party cove and back just for kicks, and to practice good driving habits in nasty water. You will know exactly what I mean when the shootout weekend comes.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:53 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can charge $1 for rides on my dock at the 18 MM..... it gets a rockin..
Old 04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

just keep the nose up and the hammer down thats when it gets fun......just kidding 1st time there be careful it can be rough in that area......
Old 04-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
i can charge $1 for rides on my dock at the 18 MM..... it gets a rockin..
Sean, which side of the lake are you on. I am currently in the process of selling my place at Parkview and moving down to one of the townhouses being built by 4 seasons at the 4MM, all thed way back in the cove and adjacent to Witches Cove golf course.

I'm kind of looking forward to getting away from the 19MM, but especially getting tired of going through the no wake everytime we go to the main channel on the weekends.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:25 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shawnee bend side....

Quick Reply: LOTO shootout - HELP please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.