Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Mesa delivers Otis Tiger (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/101773-mesa-delivers-otis-tiger.html)

MESABALANCING 04-27-2005 09:08 AM

Mesa delivers Otis Tiger

3 Attachment(s)
Alright back in Feb we saw Otis off to the poker run the day following splash date and I must say I was nervous I wanted Bob to have a great time with his family and friends knowing what he'd been through . We had a couple of small issues nothing major . Monday I spoke to Bob about leaving his baby and letting me test some props and change some things in the mufflers when he told me he would be back in April to take her back home . The result has been I feel good to say we picked up from 71 mph to 77-78 in flat water unfortunately yesterday when we went out for the last test we went out and there was 6 to 8 footers instead of the advertised 2 to 4 we expected and I couldn't get him his 80mph we were looking for but I know it will go there in the right condition .

tomcat 04-27-2005 10:07 AM

Re: Mesa delivers Otis Tiger

Nice work Laz...what are we looking at in the engine compartment?

offthefront 04-27-2005 11:24 AM

Sweet .... what are those Flame arrestors ?

MESABALANCING 04-27-2005 11:41 AM

Otis went with the MB700na's they are a 572ci with Brodix cnc heads Dart's single plane intake and a 1050cfm these engines are simple proven combos Bob will enjoy . The flame arrestors are stainless polished . Sincerely yours Laz

shawn 04-27-2005 01:24 PM

Laz, I see no bypass at the crossover. Are you using restrictor plates in the thermostat housing, or just letting the water blast through?

thanks
Shawn

MESABALANCING 04-27-2005 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by shawn
Laz, I see no bypass at the crossover. Are you using restrictor plates in the thermostat housing, or just letting the water blast through?

thanks
Shawn

Shawn I let the water flow through and restrict it at the exhaust like Merc does

MESABALANCING 04-27-2005 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by shawn

thanks
Shawn

Shawn I let the water flow through and restrict it at the exhaust like Merc does

otis311 05-03-2005 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Nice!!!! :)

Thanks !!

klaw 05-03-2005 02:24 PM

looks great sorry I missed my ride

otis311 05-03-2005 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by klaw
looks great sorry I missed my ride

Dont worry Gary, Im sure we will hook up soon.

BTW, The chips work great