Best twin turbo motor manufacturer? >

Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?

Notices

Best twin turbo motor manufacturer?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cougarman
What do you consider lots of low end torque?

I think you might be surprised how much is made with theses twin turbo 572's Not that your going to spend much time there

Jon
I can't imagin having that 698 for a motor dean is selling me I would have to talk to the drive, I would put it in gear and bang there goes a b1 xr all over the place:grinse. I hope my 572 doesn't kill the drive right away, but I like to bring things to the max quick
Old 02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh man. 572w/1071 VS Bravo XR. We know who's gonna' win that fight!

Darrell.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I can't imagin having that 698 for a motor dean is selling me I would have to talk to the drive, I would put it in gear and bang there goes a b1 xr all over the place:grinse. I hope my 572 doesn't kill the drive right away, but I like to bring things to the max quick

Just food for thought, but my naturally aspirated 572's with 9.5 compression and 1150 dominator's make 650 hp. and torque to match.

By 1,850 RPM's with these twin turbo's we are making more torque, than my naturally aspirated 572 ever make at peak torque.

#6 drives are in order, rather than anything along a bravo platform.

Thanks
Jon
Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Oh man. 572w/1071 VS Bravo XR. We know who's gonna' win that fight!

Darrell.
its all in the wrist eye and hand .well I got 10yrs out of a 89 bravo 1 with 585hp to 650hp running it. I could break loose my 26b1 when I nail it from 3000rpm to wfo and it lasted, so if I take it easy not hit it as had , and in the ruff don't miss a beat comeing out of the water, I should be ok
I should talk to DEAN ABOUT PULLEYS to see if I want to knock it down or just keep the 26 on there won't beable to go over 90 with that. right know with the 670hp I could get 83 out of it with the 26 at 5800 to 6000
Old 02-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Registered

Treat it like a good woman, ez on ez off.
I have a twin turbo 572 in a Nordic rage with a Imco Extreme drive and havent broke it yet. The motor has two gt47 turbos and at 10 lbs boost on pump gas its about 11 to 1200 hp.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nordic 1
Treat it like a good woman, ez on ez off.
I have a twin turbo 572 in a Nordic rage with a Imco Extreme drive and havent broke it yet. The motor has two gt47 turbos and at 10 lbs boost on pump gas its about 11 to 1200 hp.
Your boat is pretty darn light, and you use a 4 blade prop. If you used a 5 blade, bet you would have broken things. I have seen that thing of yours run, and there is hardly any hull in the water at all. It is fricken awsome!

Chris
Old 02-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Registered

Default Turbo

TURBOS are being polished now--soon to be on the dyno! You can read more at boostpower.com-click news--thanks
Originally Posted by cougarman
Is there a picture missing or are you saying Turbo's and a blower both on the same engine ?

Thanks
Jon
Old 02-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

HERE IS A COPY ABOUT THE COMPUND BOOSTPOWER TWIN SUPERCHARGED-TWIN TURBO EFI CUSTOM ENGINE.

THANKS

Hello Folks! This is the latest in custom EFI Marine engines. This is an all polished aluminum 600+ Cubic Inch Twin Supercharged, Twin Turbo, Intercooled, Digitally Fuel Injected Lightweight Monster. Like the last one we did, this one is due to make 2200+BHP on racing gasoline. This motor was inspired by Hank Sahagians twin Roots blower set up from the 60's along with several aviation applications built in the past. The concept is the superchargers eliminate any lag time and increase the low end torque curve. The twin turbos quiet the engine along with add additional Boost to the engine. The beuty of the set up is that the engine will have 3 settings. Setting 1 for pump gas at 900+hp. In this mode the engine will primarily run from the superchargers and the turbo boost is computer controlled to bypass to the atmosphere. Setting 2 will be 1400+hp on race gas of 115+ octane. This setting allows some turbo boost into the engine along with a more agressive timing and fuel curve. This mode will likley have double the acceleration. Setting 3 will be Full Race Mode. This setting will allow the preset regulated turbo boost to feed the superchargers and similar to the last one we did will put close to 30 psi in the motor with ease. The expected BHP willbe over 2200. Keep in mind this is a dry sump High RPM engine with a very low static compression. Basically it is built to accelerate. The motor weight is lighter than most conventional big blocks with a 14lb flywheel to boot. Stay tuned to see this product released in early April as a custom built to order race machine! (NOTE: PICTURE DOES NOT SHOW TURBOS MOUNTED YET)
Old 02-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by boostpower
HERE IS A COPY ABOUT THE COMPUND BOOSTPOWER TWIN SUPERCHARGED-TWIN TURBO EFI CUSTOM ENGINE.

THANKS

Hello Folks! This is the latest in custom EFI Marine engines. This is an all polished aluminum 600+ Cubic Inch Twin Supercharged, Twin Turbo, Intercooled, Digitally Fuel Injected Lightweight Monster. Like the last one we did, this one is due to make 2200+BHP on racing gasoline. This motor was inspired by Hank Sahagians twin Roots blower set up from the 60's along with several aviation applications built in the past. The concept is the superchargers eliminate any lag time and increase the low end torque curve. The twin turbos quiet the engine along with add additional Boost to the engine. The beuty of the set up is that the engine will have 3 settings. Setting 1 for pump gas at 900+hp. In this mode the engine will primarily run from the superchargers and the turbo boost is computer controlled to bypass to the atmosphere. Setting 2 will be 1400+hp on race gas of 115+ octane. This setting allows some turbo boost into the engine along with a more agressive timing and fuel curve. This mode will likley have double the acceleration. Setting 3 will be Full Race Mode. This setting will allow the preset regulated turbo boost to feed the superchargers and similar to the last one we did will put close to 30 psi in the motor with ease. The expected BHP willbe over 2200. Keep in mind this is a dry sump High RPM engine with a very low static compression. Basically it is built to accelerate. The motor weight is lighter than most conventional big blocks with a 14lb flywheel to boot. Stay tuned to see this product released in early April as a custom built to order race machine! (NOTE: PICTURE DOES NOT SHOW TURBOS MOUNTED YET)
Sounds interesting,......what compression ratio do you use with this combination ? Also you said high RPM's how high?

Thanks and nice work!

Jon