Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   What happened to Johnny DCB and his twin Turbo's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/107227-what-happened-johnny-dcb-his-twin-turbos.html)

GPM 07-07-2005 08:39 PM

What happened to Johnny DCB and his twin Turbo's

Just wondering if Johnny got the DCB running. Whatever happened to Rocketman and his Daytona?

Johnny DCB 07-07-2005 10:49 PM

Re: What happened to Johnny DCB and his twin Turbo's

Not even close.When i started this project I made a deal with the guy doing the building that Im in no hurry.It was a last minute idea to build this motor and re-rig the boat.Well so far that hasnt been any problem.Things are going good but very slowly.CMI is one problem.The headers finally showed up today after 6 or so weeks of waiting,and of course they built them wrong...even though I sent an actuall header to be copied back to them so there would be NO mistakes!It still was built wrong.So now it is being shipped back to CMI and they will have to redo the mistake,hopefull 3-4 weels tops for this time.The rotating assy is being balanced and should be doen by the middle of next week,so far the block is bored and now they are doing the piston oilers and should be boring the lifter holes soon.The heads are back from the polisher and most of the parts are on the shelf.Some of the Jesel stuff and other parts were either back ordered or out of stock at the time but we arent at that point yet anyway.The Indy intake manifold is almosy doen being CNC'ed,should be another 1-2 wees on that.Injectors and fuel system parts list is almost gathered up,the HKS waste gates FINALLY came.I got all of the new gauges for the dash now,had to special order 3 of the Autometers.Bought new bezels for the new gauges and of course non of the new bezels even match each other so i have to send everything out to be re-anodized.Right from the get go! parts are on for the Hydraulic steering helm,just waiting to get the gauges in before i get the steering done.And the list goes on and on and on....but hey you asked..LOL

As for Rocketman,Im not sure what he has going on right now.Prop testing I think?

Hows things going with your DCB? Off the topic here but are you running a stand off box?

GPM 07-08-2005 06:57 AM

Things are a little slow here also, the boat's running, I had to make a few minor mods. I havn't gone for any speed runs, usually do those near the end of the season. It gives me all winter for repairs. I don't run a stand off box, seems like more stress on the transom. Good luck with your project.

Turbojack 07-08-2005 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by GPM
I havn't gone for any speed runs, usually do those near the end of the season. It gives me all winter for repairs.

This last weekend my son could not understand why we were NOT going to try for a new top end number.

Johnny DCB 07-08-2005 04:35 PM

Im not sure if I will ever go for a top number run.With the boost turned up and race gas in the tank I'm very confident that a high mph could be had but Im not sure if I really want to go that fast....Maybe someday after I go through a few outdrives I will try and run a big number.

Johnny DCB 07-08-2005 04:35 PM

GPM,

Have you ever thought about putting a #6 on your boat?

GPM 07-08-2005 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny DCB
GPM,

Have you ever thought about putting a #6 on your boat?

Ya, I talked to Dave about it, I would have to move the engine forward about 12 inches, add a transmission, and the additional weight of the six. He thought I should go to a 29. And there's always the 30 to 35 thousand to do it. Max is supposed to be working on a new drive, havn't seen it yet. Speed runs are getting expensive and dangerous.

Johnny DCB 07-08-2005 08:49 PM

I also talked to Dave about a #6 and maybe just moving up to a 29.So far Im going to get the new Max billet drive and go from there.If that doesnt work out I might try a #6 and a modified standoff box to put the trans in.Not sure how the handling will be affected but I cant imagine it being to good with all that extra weight hanging off the back.For some reason I still want to try it and see.

jdnca1 07-08-2005 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think Rocketman is getting keyed up for the LOTO shootout. He posted on another board the weisman drive has been bullet proof and he's tried to break it.....Wicked looking drive. :drink:

GPM 07-09-2005 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by jdnca1
I think Rocketman is getting keyed up for the LOTO shootout. He posted on another board the weisman drive has been bullet proof and he's tried to break it.....Wicked looking drive. :drink:

Very Nice!