Looking For A New Subscription ? >

Looking For A New Subscription ?

Notices

Old 07-28-2005, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ANYONE HAVE OPINIONS ON POWERBOAT MAGAZINES AND WICH IS THE ULTIMATE TO LOWEST RATED MAGAZINE. I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING WITH GREAT INFO AND TESTING ON PERFORMANCE BOATS. ALL OPINIONS WELCOME. THANKS PAXTONSC.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Looking For A New Subscription ?

powerboat magazine zucks the big one. i read an article in the last issue where they said they dont have much interest in OLDER boats but are about whats new...the majority of people here have older boats! how does it fell for those butholes to turn thier backs on the old stuff i will never buy another copy of thier rag ...i bought toilet paper this month instead
Old 07-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My powerboat sub. just expired after 12 years. I won't be renewing it. I'm tired of the same boats and the same faces and same opinions every issue.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
powerboat magazine zucks the big one. i read an article in the last issue where they said they dont have much interest in OLDER boats but are about whats new...the majority of people here have older boats! how does it fell for those butholes to turn thier backs on the old stuff i will never buy another copy of thier rag ...i bought toilet paper this month instead
Good point. Not many go out and spend 125K to 500K on a new boat every year or two.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've about had it with all the magazines myself. Every issue is the same old thing! To be honest this site is my primary source of info now days. However I did run across a new magazine called Speedboat. Their first issue just hit the stands and it's from the editors of Boating Magazine.

It's worth checking out.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Registered

Call me crazy but I really like "Family & Performance Boating". They have had some informative articles about things such as drive ratios & a writeup on the #6 drive that I have not seen elsewhere. For engine tech stuff I just pick up "Chevy High Performance" mag, even though much of that stuff is over my head.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Registered

I bought a subscription to Hot boat to try to get up to speed on boating after years of cars. I've also tried some powerboat issues. Like all mags, some issues are good, some suck! Hot Rod magazine went with the New, Expensive, and totally unaffordable for a while and lost their core group of readers. They finally wised up and are trying to get back to the hands on, dirty fingernail, do it yourself type of readers. Most people don't live at Havasu, or the Colorado river, they are the type of people who take their family out on the weekends with the little runabout and really "NEED" the OLD information so they can fix their boat themselves. And by the way, Whats up with HOT BOAT using the same Bikini models every month............No more sexy girls left in California????????????
Old 08-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered

I just got this months Poker Runs America and the article on the 39 cig Pictures were put together from stock photos pictures of the dash setup dont match 2 differant boats . Not very impressed Lets be more original. Magazines cost good money at least take your own pictures and maybe actually drive the boat.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
I've about had it with all the magazines myself.
Me too! OSO is all I plan on subscribing to in the future.

Someone posted on another thread that "he can't bring his computer to the $hitter." A valid point, but I get plenty of junk mail to keep my mind off the task at hand....
Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
Someone posted on another thread that "he can't bring his computer to the $hitter."
What? Never heard of wireless on a laptop?
I float around the pool with mine!

Quick Reply: Looking For A New Subscription ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.