looking for BBC heads casting #990 >

looking for BBC heads casting #990

Notices

looking for BBC heads casting #990

Old 08-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Re: looking for BBC heads casting #990

I Don't really know. Make a reasonable offer. I have to leave for work now. Get back to me later. I can take some pics and e-mail them. Maybe send a pvt msg. Also have a heavily ported 990, was cut for big valves and has solid bronze guides , slight cracks from whoever pressed guides. They were done with sealer. It's an automotive head . Super Clean!!! Threw it's mate out , had dropped valve and was welded, pinned basically whored up, and rendered useless. BBB
Old 08-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Re: looking for BBC heads casting #990

Talking about problems, Just went for a ride yesterday with my friend, Boat never ran better. Until it dropped a valve.
Head had a crack apparently , and water must have eroded the exh. valve stem. Definately going to go to Dart.
Guy's you must realize that these heads are not real heavy, add corrosion, deteriorization, decking, and porting work and I'ts a problem waiting to happen. The problem I feel is the boat comes out of the water for a second or too, the head heats up, and then get's shocked by cool water. This cycle happens over and over, and helps these heads to crack. I feel that a heavy aftermarket Marine head will take much more abuse than a GM 6272990 or equivalent. It's old(1971) technology that was great in it's heyday. They run great on street cars.