winter storage help >

winter storage help

Notices

winter storage help

Old 09-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winter storage help

Yes, I live in a darn winter state and had a few questions for storage of my 1995 Outlaw. I have heard that you have to store the boat with the drive all the way down or it could cause potential problems next spring. I also would like to know how to keep the dual axle trailer tires from getting flat spots? It will be in a semi heated storage with concrete floors. Anything else I need to know of great importance. I do have it winterized by my local marina. Any and all advise really appreciated. I want my baby to breath life next spring without problems. Thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: winter storage help

First it is true the bellows will take a set and may hit the u-joints when trimmed down, so all the way down is good. Second either take the battery out and bring it home or leave it in and diconnected except for a battery tender. Third the tires on the trailer should be lifted off the ground and deflated they wil loveyou in the spring for that. From the winter wonderland stae of Michigan. Ed
Old 09-19-2005, 05:23 AM
Registered

Default Re: winter storage help

Fuel stabilizer, I also use the stuff to take the water out of the fuel come spring as well. Lube the motor down several times a year with crc 656 lubricant, keeps the engine looking good and prevents rust due to the heat and dampness in the engine compartment.

Be sure the shop is doing their job correctly, check to see if the gas and oil filters were changed, flame arrestor cleaned, if you have fresh water aboard, it's been winterized.

Other regular items.... check for any slop in outdrive movement, drive gear lube, drive shaft universal zerk fittings grease, gimble bearing grease, power steering zerk grease, coupler zerks grease, when drive is off - do a quick alignment check.

When you get the tires off the ground, good time to check brakes, bearings, etc. I use 4 bottle jacks and lift the entire trailer off the ground and block it up.