Sea Pumps KPM vs. Keith Eickert vs. Hardin Marine - You be the judge >

Sea Pumps KPM vs. Keith Eickert vs. Hardin Marine - You be the judge

Notices

Sea Pumps KPM vs. Keith Eickert vs. Hardin Marine - You be the judge

Old 10-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Sea Pumps KPM vs. Keith Eickert vs. Hardin Marine - You be the judge

Maybe someone should buy each of these pumps and post their findings about these silicone, o-ring debate?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Sea Pumps KPM vs. Keith Eickert vs. Hardin Marine - You be the judge

Jules,

I must admit, I was under the impression that we had done a great deal of testing of our products in the market place already. It seems as if our products is standing on its merits quite well. It seems as if You took your pump to every prospective customer that your associate and former Keith Eickert employee knew from his time working at Eickert. Then you had them try the pumps.

It has become very apparent to us that our pump meets the highest of standards set by the leading engine manufactures and respective end users in the country. Our pumps have been designed and tested on the racecourse; just like the Indy and NASCAR folks do it.

I once again want only to clarify that it really wasn't until your company wore us down through product inferiority accusations in regards to your performance versus ours that we felt it was time to address these issues with just the facts. We took new pump parts pictures against your new pumps pictures. We had and have no intention of misleading anyone. We do not offer at this time a "Run-Dry" technology due to the fact that we have yet to see the performance out of this design that is needed to cool todays powerful marine engines. What we do claim is that not only does our product work, but that its components will out last that of our competitors. Our reputation is built on performance and reliability period! We commend you on any upgrades or revisions you may have made to improve your product.

The marine industry is a very competitive market upon which no one single distributor or manufacturer can have the entire market share, we understand this probably better than anyone does.This is all we do for a living, boat parts, and we love it. We invested deeply in this market trying to give our customers convenient ordering and shipping options by establishing multiple manufacturing entities throughout the US as well as dual coast distribution to better serve our customers. J

ust a quick note will show that we have brought dozens of newly designed parts and accessories to this market every year, not just copies. I do beleive that our company was the first to offer multi stage sea pumps 1,2,3, and yes 4 stage, the first to offer bellhousings with improvments over factory offerings, the first to offer a sea strainer with built in cooler, the first to offer a sand strainer, and the list goes on. Come on Jules, innovate my friend innovate, not duplicate

Please feel free to review the ten pages of posts documenting our efforts in this comparison of our products to correct any mistakes or oversights we may have made.

We are proud of our pumps and their reputation. Nowhere in any of the forums has anyone commented on the quality or lack thereof of our product.

We welcome the shoot-out, we will see you on the race course, our numerous world championships speak for themselves. We still believe lab tests are for lab rats. Numerous past product testing has proven to us that accurate testing can only be done in the real world environment, not on a test bench.

We are also looking forward to future product comparisons that we have in mind. As we look through your product catalog, we see a number of products that look suspiciously familiar. What the marine industry really needs is more innovation, not another copycat manufacturer!
Old 10-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what all the racers did before the Hardin, KE and KPM pumps were around? Aside from being available in multi stage configurations what is the benefit of any of these other type of pumps compared to stock merc?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankyou For your last post;
With reference to innovation, last year there was a lot of controversy about CP/Hardin copying the KEPP pump. But since you have bought Kepp it does not matter now , but it did at the time.

Oh and yes KPM racing USA LLC is an american company as well as British

Since you first put this post on the system we have since spoken to one of our customers who is sending back a pump used in a commercial / military application and run for 1400 hours without a sea strainer. The pump still worked perfectly and the impeller was undamaged with minimal scoring of the surface. Pictures and testemonials will be posted in the next few days when recieved by fred at trick marine.

I have since spoken with Dan Rhodes( ex KEPP) our US Director and he is in agreement that we finalise the question and get an independant tester to compare the products. This tester will have to be agreed by both parties and pay for their tests. If you wish we could pay for your test as well. We have done our home work and are confident about our claims.

Tell us when and where. If you do not agree to this please tell us why on this forum.

Can you please give me permission to post pictures of our test results on your pumps on this forum. If not please tell us why.

This is the last post I will put on this subject since , I have to go and Innovate more products.

Jules morgan.
Its been Fun , I will buy you a drink or two at Miami.

Also talk about us not being innovative watch out for a press release next week on our latest pump.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
Seemed a bit strange to me too.????

This also contradicts the previous statement about the accusations of altered pictures.............

" 4) I could take a picture of a competitors product and make changes leave out seals and replace it with RTV etc. Why would we fabricate such a situation. Does it not seem strange . Why leave out a seal that costs 10 cents. "

Had me scratching my head also ?....
Old 10-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CPPerformance
Jules,

I must admit, I was under the impression that we had done a great deal of testing of our products in the market place already. It seems as if our products is standing on its merits quite well. It seems as if You took your pump to every prospective customer that your associate and former Keith Eickert employee knew from his time working at Eickert. Then you had them try the pumps.

It has become very apparent to us that our pump meets the highest of standards set by the leading engine manufactures and respective end users in the country. Our pumps have been designed and tested on the racecourse; just like the Indy and NASCAR folks do it.

I once again want only to clarify that it really wasn't until your company wore us down through product inferiority accusations in regards to your performance versus ours that we felt it was time to address these issues with just the facts. We took new pump parts pictures against your new pumps pictures. We had and have no intention of misleading anyone. We do not offer at this time a "Run-Dry" technology due to the fact that we have yet to see the performance out of this design that is needed to cool todays powerful marine engines. What we do claim is that not only does our product work, but that its components will out last that of our competitors. Our reputation is built on performance and reliability period! We commend you on any upgrades or revisions you may have made to improve your product.

The marine industry is a very competitive market upon which no one single distributor or manufacturer can have the entire market share, we understand this probably better than anyone does.This is all we do for a living, boat parts, and we love it. We invested deeply in this market trying to give our customers convenient ordering and shipping options by establishing multiple manufacturing entities throughout the US as well as dual coast distribution to better serve our customers. J

ust a quick note will show that we have brought dozens of newly designed parts and accessories to this market every year, not just copies. I do beleive that our company was the first to offer multi stage sea pumps 1,2,3, and yes 4 stage, the first to offer bellhousings with improvments over factory offerings, the first to offer a sea strainer with built in cooler, the first to offer a sand strainer, and the list goes on. Come on Jules, innovate my friend innovate, not duplicate

Please feel free to review the ten pages of posts documenting our efforts in this comparison of our products to correct any mistakes or oversights we may have made.

We are proud of our pumps and their reputation. Nowhere in any of the forums has anyone commented on the quality or lack thereof of our product.

We welcome the shoot-out, we will see you on the race course, our numerous world championships speak for themselves. We still believe lab tests are for lab rats. Numerous past product testing has proven to us that accurate testing can only be done in the real world environment, not on a test bench.

We are also looking forward to future product comparisons that we have in mind. As we look through your product catalog, we see a number of products that look suspiciously familiar. What the marine industry really needs is more innovation, not another copycat manufacturer!
KPM is not a new company and has been around for 15 years, Just because the product is new to America it does not mean it has not existed in Europe and the rest of the world where we do a lot of business. Its a big place

When we Innovate like making a dry run pump it is not believed until tried , A 2 year guarantee on an impeller is that not innovation. What is your warranty on the impeller. A pump impeller that has lasted 1400 hours . Whats this chopped liver.

A sea strainer that filters sand and sea grass ? , show me since for three years we have never seen an alternative on the market.

Why do you not match our warranty level and promises head to head. When we state competitors , we are not talking about just your company , we are talking about Global Competitors.
regards
jules
Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I smell “popcorn”.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

"Since you first put this post on the system we have since spoken to one of our customers who is sending back a pump used in a commercial / military application and run for 1400 hours without a sea strainer. The pump still worked perfectly and the impeller was undamaged with minimal scoring of the surface. Pictures and testemonials will be posted in the next few days when recieved by fred at trick marine."

Jules we have never ever professed to be a supplier to the commercial or military markets this is really more of the Jabsco market than ours .I'm sure that if this information was posted by your customer in his own words/pictures not your distributors words this would be very good product information substantiating your claims. Our pumps are designed for highspeed revolutuions and water output in high performance marine applications.

In regards to setting up independent testing(I would love for you to pay) please contact one of the National Magazines such as Powerboat, Hot Boat, Extreme Boats or Family & Performance to do a review of both our products. As we said before, a bench test done in a lab is useless. Let the magazines run these products in the real world environment.They can do what I beleive would be justice for all involved and print it for the world to see. This would keep us both from wasting space in this forum over our beliefs.

I know at this point we both have companies to run so let's agree to disagree for now and get back to work.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CPPerformance
"Since you first put this post on the system we have since spoken to one of our customers who is sending back a pump used in a commercial / military application and run for 1400 hours without a sea strainer. The pump still worked perfectly and the impeller was undamaged with minimal scoring of the surface. Pictures and testemonials will be posted in the next few days when recieved by fred at trick marine."

Jules we have never ever professed to be a supplier to the commercial or military markets this is really more of the Jabsco market than ours .I'm sure that if this information was posted by your customer in his own words/pictures not your distributors words this would be very good product information substantiating your claims. Our pumps are designed for highspeed revolutuions and water output in high performance marine applications.

In regards to setting up independent testing(I would love for you to pay) please contact one of the National Magazines such as Powerboat, Hot Boat, Extreme Boats or Family & Performance to do a review of both our products. As we said before, a bench test done in a lab is useless. Let the magazines run these products in the real world environment.They can do what I beleive would be justice for all involved and print it for the world to see. This would keep us both from wasting space in this forum over our beliefs.

I know at this point we both have companies to run so let's agree to disagree for now and get back to work.
I used to work at the shop that did all the tech articled for Family and Perfoemce baot magazine and am still very friendly with both the guys fro the magazine and the guys from the shop i'm sure i could set something up that would work for you guys and put an end to this in the real world.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Fun stuff - reading all this.

Some questions - what is the horsepower required to turn either of your pumps at 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000, 6500, and 7000 rpms, what's the flow in gallons per minute at those rpms, and at what head pressure at those rpms? In other words, maybe some of us would like to see the pump curves.

Then I'd like to know the diameter of the shafts at the pulley adapter, and what material the pulley adapter is made of, and the clearance and tolerance of those pieces.

I gotta admit, I'm a bit leary of an aluminum shaft. That's why I'd like to know the above info, so I can do some of my own engineering checks.

Sooner or later I'll be buying somebody's pumps, and I'd like to be an informed buyer.

Quick Reply: Sea Pumps KPM vs. Keith Eickert vs. Hardin Marine - You be the judge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.