Engine Flush >

Engine Flush

Notices

Engine Flush

Old 11-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Engine Flush

JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST MUFF TO USE ON THE BRAVO 1 DRIVES FOR FLUSHING THE ENGINES ? MY LAST BOAT HAD A BRAVO III DRIVE AND THE PICK UP HOLES WERE ON THE SIDES OF THE DRIVE. THE BRAVO 1 IS IN THE FRONE NOSE AREA THE MUFFS I HAVE DON'T FIT PROPERLY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLIES.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Engine Flush

Bought mine from a Merc dealer that fits over the nose. They are pretty proud of their products.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Registered

Thank You
Old 11-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Bought mine from a Merc dealer that fits over the nose. They are pretty proud of their products.
They certainly ARE proud of em . . . I dipped for about sixty bucks.

For ONE of em. . .
And - yes, they sink. . . don't ask . . please.
I have one that I use EVERY time I take her out. . . . and another that is right down there with a couple pair of my sunglasses. . .

Boating sucks. . . .
Old 11-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

roux ol buddy. You have a twin engine boat. You need 2 sets.

Screw them. I added a flushing tee right before the seawater pump after I had trouble getting a prime through the muffs and toasting a brand new impellor.
Hook the hose to the adapter, turn on hose, start motor. SWEET!
Used it to winterize this weekend. Wife said every boat we have will have this type of flush. NO MORE MUFFS! It's so freaking easy!

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
roux ol buddy. You have a twin engine boat. You need 2 sets
Yeah, yeah yeah. . .
Wise-ass. EVERYBODY'S a friggin comedian. . .
How do you think I'm losin' my sunglasses. . . leaning over the boat-lift, switchin that friggin cone from one side to the other.

You very rarely fail to piss me off. . . with your stupid, simple, sensible, mostly inexpensive solutions to simple, everyday fountain dilemmas.

Can you run both engines at once, off a single hose ? Do you have pics of the actual installed device ? . . . I am guessing that you fabricated the parts yourself ?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
Can you run both engines at once, off a single hose ? Do you have pics of the actual installed device ? . . . I am guessing that you fabricated the parts yourself ?
You know it!

No, I do 1 at a time. But suppose you could if you had enough water flow. The tee gets mounted in the water supply hose on the inlet side of the sea water pump. Then from the tee, up to the hose adapters shown above using a somewhat hard walled hose. Regular water hose will suck flat. (One of those fills shown is the water tank fill) Yes I made the tee's. I didn't like the 1st set (plastic elbow) do to afraid the plastic would break and that would make for a direct hole into the boat. Not good. SO I made another set, and also the SS elbows as they are a non standard fitting, ie: hose size and NPT thread size.
I used one of those garden hose Y's with shut offs to winterize. Screw the Y to the adapter, 5 gal bucket of antifreeze with a hose to 1 side, garden hose to the other side of the Y. Open hose side and let it back flow out the drive for a second, then start the motor. That sucks the water thru the engine. Once up to temp and stat is open, close the hose side of the Y, and open the bucket of antifreeze with motor still running. Sucks the bucket empty, shut'r down. Done.
No shut off valves needed, just gotta be sure the cap is tight on the hose adapter so the motor doesn't suck air.

Since you don't winterize and are just needing to flush, just hook a hose directly to the adapter, let the water run for a min to flush the drive. Then when your happy the drive is flushed, start the motor. No more lost sunglasses, muffs, reaching over upside down, nuttin. Just raise the engine hatch. I probably have about $100 in the 2 adapters and hose.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 11-02-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

So . . . . . . since we are ALL familiar with the expansive, commodious spaciousness of the engine compartment of the 32 Fever, especially when equipped with a pair of the 'petite' 502 MAG MPI's. . . .

Either you are TINY, or can stand on your head for hours at a time without losing consciousness.
How bad was it ? . . . .
Old 11-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

My question exactly. My Sunsation with 496HO's is a tight squeeze to get to the port engine pump/intake line. Plenty of space on the starboard side.

Excellent idea though and does sound easy except for the squeeze part.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by rouxsterre

Either you are TINY, or can stand on your head for hours at a time without losing consciousness.
How bad was it ? . . . .
I'm just a small guy, with a big head.

Actually, I had the exhaust off last winter replacing those plastic leaking plugs. That seemed to be the best time to install the tees. I can replace the impellor no problem with the exhaust installed, so............. no problem. Just gotta wiggle down on your azz onto the bottom. I find it easier to disconnect the wires on the 2 trim pumps on the drivers side and set them in the rear seat with the hyd lnes still hooked up.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Engine Flush

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.