Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
spent 100 hrs. search time, pls. help! >

spent 100 hrs. search time, pls. help!

Notices

spent 100 hrs. search time, pls. help!

Old 11-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation spent 100 hrs. search time, pls. help!

i bought an 1988 27 elininator daytona in new york and i'm thinking of restoring it to its origional glory. ken, the guy i bought it from tells me that the hull was team eliminators race boat at one time. i can verify this by slight varyations in the gell coat where the team eliminator graphics were. (also the #7) . the hull was built in the now defunked wisconsion plant. ken, also tells me that under the flooring i will find stringer mounts for a third moter. this boat has front bolsters that are in the center of the boat, side by side. i am looking for any info i can get my hands on about this boat. the gell is white w/7 color reds . the radar arch still says team eliminator anyone having archives or knowing where to find them would be greatly apprecated!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: spent 100 hrs. search time, pls. help!

I've got a 1997 of that same hull, California built. It is a good allround hull. Merlin540 had one of these that he had into the 120's or something that insane. I hate to caution you but you may want to investigate the structual integrity of the hull. Some of the boats produced there were very light weight a had a problem delaminating. Be safe. I put about 1300hp. in last year and am very happy with the results. My hull is very heavy. Really a modified "V" Good luck with your project. Eric
Old 11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: spent 100 hrs. search time, pls. help!

Talk to the people that made it. Brandi Leach is a member here. Her OSO name is BLeach. Even though it was built in Wis.,if it was raced, her dad may know about it.
Send BLeach a PM.

good luck with the boat.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: spent 100 hrs. search time, pls. help!

thanx for the info, i'll take your advice, kyelimeagle i've got some hull work to be done anyway. thanx to you too payton, i'll see if i can reach bleach with a pm