Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   LOOKING FOR HEADS & EXHAUST FOR MY PROCHARGED 7.4MPI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/119080-looking-heads-exhaust-my-procharged-7-4mpi.html)

baronbob 12-25-2005 11:18 AM

LOOKING FOR HEADS & EXHAUST FOR MY PROCHARGED 7.4MPI

I need a set of large oval BBC heads, preferably 110cc with big valves and fresh. I also need aluminum exhaust to mate up with stock riser location.

Too Old 12-25-2005 12:20 PM

Re: LOOKING FOR HEADS & EXHAUST FOR MY PROCHARGED 7.4MPI

Most any of the aftermarket aluminum manifolds and risers will drop right in.

Revolution Marine
Stainless Marine
EMI Thunder

Bryan Rose 12-25-2005 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Most any of the aftermarket aluminum manifolds and risers will drop right in.

Revolution Marine
Stainless Marine
EMI Thunder

Fred what are you doing working on X mas.............just kidding, have a great day ......

Bryan

paxtonsc 01-01-2006 01:23 PM

Just A Question About Your Pro-charged 7.4 Mpi. What Is Done To Your Motor Besides The Blower ? How Much Boost? I Was Thinking Of Installing Pro-chargers On My Stock 1999 7.4 Mpi's But All The Feedback I Received Was Extremely Negative. Some Said It Was A Waste Of Time And Money. Some Said It Can't Handle The Blower And Some Said There Were Alot Of Computer Programming Problems And Fuel Pump Problems. Any Of Your Feedback Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Jeff

FOUNTAINATLAST 01-01-2006 01:53 PM

I've had a few friends add the pro-charger system then within a few months blow there motor. Now its not the blowers fault as much as the motor running to lean. When adding this system you need to have the program redone and add atleast a bigger fuel pump & regulator. It is recommended to install large flowing injectors and have the computer reprogrammed to work with them for more fuel flow. After doing these mods the motors seem to hold up ok, hope this helps.

paxtonsc 01-02-2006 10:06 AM

Sorry Baronbob For Cutting In Your Post. I Hope You Get The Info Your Looking For. Thank You For The Feed Back. As Far As The Computer Program Lots Of People Said This Computer Is A Pain In The A_s To Program And That I Should Fly Them In To Program The Computer On The Boat. Thank Again Jeff

FOUNTAINATLAST 01-02-2006 10:37 AM

You can have the the computer reprogrammed without but it would be best to have them doing actual lake testing during the reprogram process, give Arizona Speed & Marine a call, they should be able to awnser the more technical questions about what should be done when reprogramming.

baronbob 01-02-2006 06:39 PM

No problem with using this thread, thats what threads are for information. I put a used Procharger on a 500hr cruiser application. The guy I bought them from bolted two on a skater and went from mid 70's to mid 90's with out doing a thing and with no trouble. I do my own work mos the following experiences were caused by an older engine and my chasing certain issues. This rundown may scare you off but I still think Procharger is in-expensive HP. Boost fell off above 4200RPM, belt dust was the symptom and a new belt @ the same tension was the fix. Surging @ low RPM, re-built the external fuel regulator fixed the problem. On the subject of fuel delivery the second vein pump goes in series with the stock mer. and the stock reg. is out. I got up to 60#s on a mechanical Gage calibrated by an instrument shop. You are supposed to have 45#s WOT. I told you of the 60#s so you would see that the setup can deliver fuel. I tried to re-rout water to my hot water heater and developed Too Much Pressure which resulted in intake gasket failure. Better gaskets did the job. Blow-by pushed oil out the dip stick. I cleaned all crankcase breathers but eventually caped off the dip-stick tube and ran the rest of the summer. I now have the engine apart and found no damage. Heart shape casting looks like it got hot but no ill effects. I am replacing the heads, no vortec. bigger and harder valves and 119 chambers (breath baby breath). I will also replace the stock exhaust, once again for breathing. Cam will probably go to Mag cam, breathing. Cast pistons will be replaced with forged. Rods will be bigger with 7/16's bolts. I expect to re-program and may increase injectors. I am doing all this work, this winter, because I like doing that sort of thing. You do not have to do any of this to your motor. But as a minimum you should replace head/intake gaskets for blower compatable seals. You should definitely have through the hull exhaust and might consider a better exhaust manifold that will not potentially leak internally. If you go to 3PSI pulley. You don't have to do any of the above. Bolt on HP that works. From 310 to possibly 500HP (5PSI) inexpensively.

docmanrich37 01-02-2006 07:05 PM

I have a set of cmi's for sale that will bolt upto your 7.4.they are the sport tubes with chome dist. lines.tailpipes included for $2300 no shipping.If interested shoot your #.Thanks Rich

FOUNTAINATLAST 01-03-2006 09:34 AM

You may want to consider just replacing the rods completely, the rods will be a weak point, there are many knowlegable engine builders on this forum maybe get there opionion.
As for Heads what are you getting, I have a set of 454mag rectangle port heads & cam w/lifters if your interested??? They have about 150hrs on them and came off a motor that ran perfect, just upgrading and stroking motor. If your interested pm me.