Outdrive stand and lift homemade no welding

Old 11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gizmo
ttt just for the hell of it.........
Yours is still the slickest design yet... I have some storage racks set up like Gadgets. But to remove and install yours is the $hit.... Thanks Pete
Old 11-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i started a thread about mine in the Kryptonite section, guess I can put it up here also.

I went as cheap as I could with mine. All told I have $78 in it, not counting the welder of course. Bought the cheapest engine stand that harbor frieght had in stock, a square tongue jack from HF, and some 1x1 1/2" square steel tubing. used the measurements that someone else posted in this thread. Took a total of about 2 hours to completely assemble. I welded the fork on mine at a slight reaward angle, so when the weight of the drive is on it, it is just about level. The whole upper assembly is removable by pulling a pin out.

I am considering putting pneumatic wheels on it, but right now, it works perfectly.

If you have never used a stand to R/R a drive, I owuld highly recommend it. I can install my drive with the ITS shaft in under 5 minutes, and that is including the time it takes to tighten all six nuts. It is fantastic.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Here's mine. A cheap engine stand and a couple of L- brackets. I adjust the height by raising the trailer tongue jack.
Attached Thumbnails Outdrive stand and lift homemade no welding-stand3.jpg  
Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Thanks TF! Like I have said before, I put things together like this to make my life easier. It isn't perfect, but it works great. I have loaned mine out a bunch......

Philm - I have about the same $$$ in mine.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Smile

Originally Posted by Gizmo
This is the second version of my drive stand. This one is 2" thin wall box tubing and a tounge jack. It works great for both alphas and bravos.
this one looks great think i am going to coppy it like the simple way it it goes up and down thanks for pic paul england sent this befor i got to all the other threads praising you idea seems every body likes your one my check is already in the post

Last edited by paul buckner; 11-09-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Philm
i started a thread about mine in the Kryptonite section, guess I can put it up here also.

I went as cheap as I could with mine. All told I have $78 in it, not counting the welder of course. Bought the cheapest engine stand that harbor frieght had in stock, a square tongue jack from HF, and some 1x1 1/2" square steel tubing. used the measurements that someone else posted in this thread. Took a total of about 2 hours to completely assemble. I welded the fork on mine at a slight reaward angle, so when the weight of the drive is on it, it is just about level. The whole upper assembly is removable by pulling a pin out.

I am considering putting pneumatic wheels on it, but right now, it works perfectly.

If you have never used a stand to R/R a drive, I owuld highly recommend it. I can install my drive with the ITS shaft in under 5 minutes, and that is including the time it takes to tighten all six nuts. It is fantastic.

Thats another great idea. Make the bottom a reciever style to where you can reinstall your engine stand uprite or the outdrive jack. Good stuff...
Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered

I've been trying to duplicate the Yardarm for a while. I made a drive stand like the everyone else, but my problem has always been getting the correct horizontal & vertical alignment of the drive to slide it in. So I tore down the old drive stand and created a new one from a transmission jack. This give me a 3 dimension adjustment so I can just slide it back in with now issues. Cost: $140.00

Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered

https://picasaweb.google.com/32veloc...eat=directlink

heres one I threw together,, the head will tilt/pivot on the center bolts it goes up and down using socket and ratchet , breaks down for storage, if anyone needs any info just reply or pm. I have about $16 in it for casters ,everything else came from scrap were I work

Credit to Gizmo for his original

Last edited by 32velocity; 11-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm

nice job Phil

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

tttt

Quick Reply: Outdrive stand and lift homemade no welding

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.