Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Ever Clean Out Your Boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/122403-ever-clean-out-your-boat.html)

betitbig 02-12-2006 05:55 PM

Ever Clean Out Your Boat?

I have a 10 year old boat and am in the process of freshening up the inside boat since the motor is out, and before the new season starts.

I am doing it not because it needed it, but just because I want it done. I am changing the carpet over to Lonseal, sealing off the ski locker, cleaning up and re-rigging under the engine hatch and bilge area.

I have found so many things so far, washers, staples, nuts, bolts, metal shavings, a razor blade, zip-ties, and old pieces of hoses.

Ok, so I guess it did need it after all.

I swear I will pick up 3mph without all of this weight and junk in my boat...

Outdrive1 02-12-2006 06:42 PM

Re: Ever Clean Out Your Boat?

I just did the same thing, pulled out the carpet, put Lonseal in. Pulled the motor, painted and rewired the entire bilge. You're right about all the junk everywhere. I found dock lines, towels, tools, screws, nuts and bolt stashed in every cubbie hole. My bigle pump had been bouncing around for who knows how long. It should be like new inside when I get done, I'll try and keep it up this better this time.

nordic95 02-12-2006 06:47 PM

I'm in the middle of the same project.I found things that I can't identify and I know they are not from the boat.15 years of other peoples crap.Happy cleaning guys.

Nordic95

vandeano 02-13-2006 12:57 AM

ANd I thought I was the only one :evilb:

OldSchool 02-13-2006 06:54 AM

LMAO!!! I found two new dock lines last week while installing new speaker wires!!

In the past (in other boats that I have bought), I've found:

2 two liter bottles of soda
quarts of oil
quarts of trans fluid
beer cans
bag of weed
rainsuits
alot of change
charts
screws, washers,..etc...

:D :D

JasonSmith 02-13-2006 08:19 PM

Mine needs cleaned. I dropped a box (100) of washers in the bilge last fall. They are stainless and are slightly bigger than the drain hole in the bilge. I have retrieved almost 1/2 of them, but I have to take the drain plug plate out/off and use a coat hanger. The pisser is that I can't wash them to the back becuse I can't friggin see where they are.
Wanted: A small, ferrit like human being. Must be able to manuver into my bilge & retrieve 50+ stainless washers. Pay is based upon experience.

375stinger 02-13-2006 08:25 PM

yeha we once left our boat for a few montsh and found it halfway off the lift with 3feet of water in it....... :D ....we tried cleanin out the cig, but decided it would be easier jsut to start over :drink:

betitbig 02-26-2006 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the picture of the evidence...

glassdave 02-26-2006 09:45 PM

looks like one standard pile of bilge stuff to me :D :D . . . mine looked just like that but i had an old hack saw blade and few crimp terminals

lowflyin 02-28-2006 01:59 PM

That's nothing...I found a family if three living in my bilge!