Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   CITY Water Hook Up? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/124524-city-water-hook-up.html)

CAP071 03-10-2006 11:43 AM

CITY Water Hook Up?

Ok I have a cruiser with a water holding tank. But I'm tired of running out of water late at night and sticking a hose in the fill tank. I am going to install a city water valve hook up. Any issues i have to worry about?

I was told all I have to do is. Install a water pressure fitting in the back of the boat

Then run the line and tap it into the water holding tank and I'm done.

My question was. if I do just that what keeps the water from flowing out the vent for the water tank?

Someone else told me that I should not tap into the tank but run it directly into the main line that comes out of the tank and tap into that line right after the pressure pump.

Any ideas?????

HiPerf2000 03-10-2006 11:50 AM

Re: CITY Water Hook Up?

Here's a bright idea.....Since your boat never leaves the dock, Fill your water tank up during the day when you get there. This way you don't have to in the middle of the night. :rolleyes:

Damn I'm smart.

CAP071 03-10-2006 11:59 AM

Well smarty pants since last year I drove the boat almost 100 hrs it had to leave at least oence or twice :drink: and not just to a cove :evilb:

HiPerf2000 03-10-2006 12:05 PM

OK, lets we'll leave that part out for a moment....

You are saying that you sometimes run out of water while the boat is at the dock, and it happens to be in the middle of the night.

Solution....Top off the water tank every time you get down there, and there will be no more middle of the night fill ups.

Damn I'm smart :p

HiPerf2000 03-10-2006 12:07 PM

Thought you were selling that Tub anyways ???

CAP071 03-10-2006 12:07 PM

I'm gonna sell it and buy the house next to You :D

CAP071 03-10-2006 12:08 PM

When I have people sleeping on the boat and we are all drunk the last thing I can remember to do is top off the tank :drink: and I don't want to get up and shower to find no water left after other people shower

HiPerf2000 03-10-2006 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
When I have people sleeping on the boat and we are all drunk the last thing I can remember to do is top off the tank :drink: and I don't want to get up and shower to find no water left after other people shower

You have Got One Valid Point there ....... Fat Girls Do use alot of Water !!!!!

So even if you filled your tank before the Fatty showered, mostly all the 100 gallons of H20 would be used by the time she was finished washing under the lower section of rolls. Now i see your point.

I would personally invest in a Fireboat that pulls water from the river, have her stand on the dock, and blast the scum right off her.....oh yea, make her do the flashdance routine while you do it. :D

CAP071 03-10-2006 12:47 PM

WRONG AGAIN BUTT MUNCHER :D

I only have a 30 gallon fresh water tank :drink:

CAP071 03-10-2006 12:49 PM

Did you hook a genny up in your boat yet ?