Hydraulic Trim Line Fittings

Notices

Hydraulic Trim Line Fittings

Old 03-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Charter Member # 1083
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Trim Line Fittings

I'm trying to find the part number for the inverted flare fitting that is on the end of the older ('91) style trim lines that go to the pump and manifold on the Transom Housing.

I guess the older units used a smaller hose fitting that adapted to about .437inch (7/16) dia at the pump and manifold.

I bought the part number 22-808727 but, this is wrong. It's to big.

This is on an old Cigarette, did they make there own lines?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Old 03-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Re: Hydraulic Trim Line Fittings

Bob, most likely what you are looking for is a #3 to #4 inverted flare adapter. Yes Cig made their own lines, and they are #3. The pump and transom assm are #4.

It is a Parker or Weatherhead fitting, try a hydraulic supply or maybe auto parts store like Napa.

We do have them, but we get $10 each for them.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc,
I want to order 4 ea new SS Drive Trim Lines with -4 fittings in a custom length (without linking multiple lines together). What would be even better would be the plastic coated SS line like Mercury offered on the -3 trim tab lines. Can you make these or recommend a hose shop that offers swedged SS fittings and SS braided lines? I need 4 hoses with one -4 straight and one -4 90 degree.
Sprague
Old 04-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

I don't know anyone who does #4. I asked the Parker guy at a trade show a couple of years ago, they had no plans to supply #4. Hence the 3-4 adapter. I wish I could find where Merc got their fittings. The crimper & hose are easy.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Marc,
With your contacts at Mercury, maybe you can find the supplier. If I had a name, I would chase it down.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Registered

if you want to do aeroquip -4, all you need to do is get the an -4/ to -3 inverted flare adapter in stainless ( this is a conventional brake line adapter for both ends of your system, then just buy -4 stainless line and do manually assembled reusable ends... also conventional and off the shelf.... and make the lines any length you want. be aware that the stainless will saw its way thru whatever it leans against... so be careful how you dress it.

all this stuff is available in genuine aeroquip from henry's engineering in md. ask for wayne...

also... having made about a billion aeroquip lines in the last 30 years i can tell you that genuine aeroquip is worth the money vs
russel or earls or any of the other aftermarket stuff. ESPECIALLY for oil line fittings.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Charter Member # 1083
Charter Member

Thanks Marc,

I tried everyone I could think of including Parker and Wheatherhead.

What part number do you stock yours under?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Registered

As stevesxm said the -3 and -4 are very commom for brake lines. We keep -4 premade in 2" increments from 12" to 24" and then in 6" increments to 48". We only stock with the -4 female fittings but have them as straight or 90s. Many of the local race shops will have them in stock and some will also custom make them for you. If your current fittings are good, it may be possible to have new lines crimped onto your fittings.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Reusing the existing inverted flare -4 fittings is a possible solution...good thought! As there are not any -3 fittings in the system today, using a -3 IF to -4 IF adaptor would require a change to -3 lines and reduce the flow. I am assuminig that Merc designed the trim system as a -4 for a reason.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It is interesting that with the broad range of users on this board, no one knows where to buy or who manufactures the -4 (7/16-20) inverted flare fittings that Mercury uses/used with the stock Bravo gimbel unit. Does anyone have a clue as to a fitting supplier/manufacture?

Quick Reply: Hydraulic Trim Line Fittings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.