Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Whats the best way to buy a Snap-on box? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/130177-whats-best-way-buy-snap-box.html)

outriggers 05-15-2006 08:55 AM

Whats the best way to buy a Snap-on box?

Are there any deals out there? I'm not on a route but I can find a local dealer. Do they discount at all? Doug

scottc 05-15-2006 09:10 AM

Re: Whats the best way to buy a Snap-on box?

Look on ebay. Found some good deals on there. Does it have to be new?

Slick02 05-15-2006 09:13 AM

In some cases the dealers have bought boxes and are sitting on them from som promo or at the trade shows, if you can find one like that,, cash usually helps lower the price.

outriggers 05-15-2006 10:34 AM

No, doesn't have to be new. I'm not even that picky about color. It seems that the Krl is a nicer box than the Kra, any info? I'll ask about promo's and cash. I've been watching e-bay. Distance can be a problem. Thanks, Doug

drgnrydr 05-15-2006 12:52 PM

unless your set on a snap-on check out a rosseau,They are made in canada & are far superior to a snap-on & a little less money.I have 2 14 drawer rosseaus coming & bringing my snap-on home.The same style snap-0n weight 470 lbs the rosseau weighs 760.

dukenrock 05-15-2006 04:18 PM

I found a KR1000 on EBAY for $1,200.00 like new. Had to pick it up and fork lift it off when I got it home.

Padraig 05-15-2006 09:09 PM

Matco is the best.

berns29scarab 05-15-2006 10:37 PM

Craftsman !!!!!

Slick02 05-16-2006 07:44 AM

Outriggers,

Obviously Cosmic is a dealer and may be able to hook you up,,,probably should see what he has to say,,The older craftsman box I had(circa 1978)was a real pos..the matco workstation I bought about 5yrs ago, I didn't care for the layout,,I've been through 3 Snap-on sets in the last 4yrs, the Snap-on anniversary set, the Harley black Softail box and now I've got the Harley 100th anniversary box to match my bike and truck..of which I'll keep.. just had to keep upgrading a little at a time until I got to where I wanted to be...
Just my personal opinion, not meant to insult or degrade anyone/anything in any way.

outriggers 05-16-2006 09:58 AM

Thanks guys, I have always thought Snap-on boxes were very well made. My tools are a real mix,craftsman,sk,snap-on,facom,mac you name it. I realize there are many good choices. Cosmic I sent you a pm and cleaned out my box. Thanks, Doug