DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001 >

DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001

Notices

DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001

Old 05-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001

Has anyone tried the new DANA drive shower? This is the one with no exposed bolts on the cap and a new style scoop water pick up. It looks great but I am wondering if it will still pick up water when the boat is running at high speeds with the motor trimmed out. That is when we need it the most. I know that SIMREK performs well in those conditions but I just am not excited about the appearance. I am getting ready to buy two showers and I am torn as to which way to go. I really like the look of the DS-001 and it looks like the scoop should work. Help!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001

Originally Posted by convincor253
Has anyone tried the new DANA drive shower? This is the one with no exposed bolts on the cap and a new style scoop water pick up. It looks great but I am wondering if it will still pick up water when the boat is running at high speeds with the motor trimmed out. That is when we need it the most. I know that SIMREK performs well in those conditions but I just am not excited about the appearance. I am getting ready to buy two showers and I am torn as to which way to go. I really like the look of the DS-001 and it looks like the scoop should work. Help!

Simrek is the way to go if you want a drive shower that works. I got mine fromTrick Marine and saved a few bucks.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Registered

Hi, I've performed hours of seat time testing on every type of pickup out there, some are better than others, but the bottom line is most pickups grab water directly above the prop where there is alot of turbulance. There's alot of variables depending on the X-dimension and the type of hull when talking about how well a drive shower works. Our pickup is specifically engineered as a water pickup. Not just an angle cut tube trying to scoop up water. We position the pickup behind the prop for a cleaner flow of water. This also prevents prop cavitation which can be caused by a pickup directly above the prop. Our pickup outperformed every pickup style that is currently on the market, 35 lbs of water psi when the drive is trimmed in and with the drive in full up trim at wide open throttle, it drops to 20 psi, which is alot of water. Our showers are the only shower to feature a 1/2" I.D. -10AN line compared to everyone else's 3/8" I.D. -8AN line.
Attached Thumbnails DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001-in_useds-hb.jpg   DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001-shower-14-hb.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Registered

Here's some more in action shots - Note the actual pressurized shower cap, not a line blasting water all over the transom of the boat, or hosing down the gimbel. This shower actually works. It fits all Mercruiser Bravo drives, even the new finned style caps, standard and ITS.
Attached Thumbnails DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001-shower-42-hb.jpg   DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001-shower-56-hb.jpg  

Last edited by dana marine products; 05-18-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered

We rigged up a pressure gauge to a 3 way valve so we could test pressure and then switch the valve to a blowoff line to run through the shower head. Here's one of the pickup styles that was tested. It's results were, at wide open throttle, trim tucked all the way in, it wouldn't break past 20lbs of water psi. At half trim the water psi drops to 8lbs, which is significantly less water flow. Trimmed all the way up, the water psi drops below 2 lbs, and the water flow to the shower literally shuts off. The new Dana pickup design will maintain 18-20 lbs of water psi with the drive trimmed up. The volume of water flowing through the Dana pickup at full up trim is shown in the picture of the shower spraying straight down. The gauge below shows 33 lbs of water psi, this is with the drive almost to half trim, with the drive tucked all the way in our pickup developed 40 lbs of water psi.
Attached Thumbnails DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001-p_u-hb.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by dana marine products; 05-17-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Registered

Dana Marine - I'm running a cat with twin Bravo outdrives mounted with the centerline of the propshafts 1" above the bottom of the sponsons. What do you reccomend for a shower for my drives? Also, I have standard Bravos with standard top caps, will your shower fit?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2006, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything you ever wanted to know about a drive cooler but were afraid to ask....Found this page searching for a new drive cooler one day.

http://www.drivecoolers.com/
Old 05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t-islands
Everything you ever wanted to know about a drive cooler but were afraid to ask....Found this page searching for a new drive cooler one day.

http://www.drivecoolers.com/
Interesting web site. Because they don't seem to say who they are but after reading the pages I got the impression they would like to be seen as an independent testing source I decided to find out who owns the site. Here are the results from a WHOIS lookup:

Registrant:
Simrek
137 Pacer Drive
Henrietta, NY 14467
US
(585) 334-0531
Fax585) 334-8659

Domain Name: DRIVECOOLERS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Kermis, Paul [email protected]
137 Pacer Drive
Henrietta, NY 14467
US
(585) 334-0531
Fax585) 334-8659

Technical Contact:
Kermis, Paul [email protected]
137 Pacer Drive
Henrietta, NY 14467
US
(585) 334-0531
Fax585) 334-8659

Record last updated 12-28-2002 10:13:52 AM
Record expires on 06-04-2008
Record created on 06-04-2002

Domain servers in listed order:
NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM 204.251.10.100
NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM 206.251.177.2

Funny how they list false claims and warn you to and I quote "Remember, there are no truth police. These claims are only dishonest, not illegal. So, "let the buyer beware"!! "

Yet they fail to mention that they meaning Simrek owns that web site.

Honesty? False Claims? Who are they trying to fool? Obviously YOU, the performance boater simply by not mentioning that drivecoolers.com is owned by driveshowers.com AKA Simrek.

Just my 2 cents worth of curiosity spouting off here.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered

That's an interesting site. They seem to know quite a bit. But give credit where credit is due, Tom from WPM was the pioneer of the drive shower. The triangular top design was his and so was the rigid shower. Many people replicated these showers, but I believe WPM was the first. Imco was the first to have a full cap style shower. Again, many copied with little or no improvements.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dana Marine,

I've seen a 1/2 - 1mph difference due to the drag using the Simtech showers. Have you done any testing for drag?

Quick Reply: DANA Ultra H2O Drive Shower DS-001

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.