Pulling Motor >

Pulling Motor

Notices

Pulling Motor

Old 05-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulling Motor

how are you guys pulling your motors from your boats.boat sits too hight on the trailer to use a engine hoist,no tree to use in my yard and can't fit it in my garage to use something from the ceiling.looking for suggestions
Old 05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pulling Motor

I usually use a fork lift but you can call your local towing company and ask if they have a boom truck they should charge you between 30 and 50.00 each way (in, out) give or take
Old 05-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I took the boat to the local Marina and they used the big "H" hoist for removing boats out of the water ..we had everything ready ....they charge 65.00 hour for the crane ...took us like .4 hours ... was 37.00 ... .. I gave the operator 20.00 ...well worth it ....
Attached Thumbnails Pulling Motor-hoist.jpg   Pulling Motor-motorsntriler.jpg  
Old 05-18-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

I have a hoist on wheels that goes up and down with a hydraulic cylinder on it. I ran into the same problem would not go high enough to clear the transom on the boat so I welded a 12 inch piece of square tubing on the end of the hoist at an angle forward and put a hook on the top and to it I attached a 3/4 ton come-a-log so now all I have to do is lower to the top of the transom hook up tight raise the crane full extended then get the other clearance by raising the come-a-long it works great just put my 454 back in my nova spyder today took about 20 min.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by k24u
I have a hoist on wheels that goes up and down with a hydraulic cylinder on it. I ran into the same problem would not go high enough to clear the transom on the boat so I welded a 12 inch piece of square tubing on the end of the hoist at an angle forward and put a hook on the top and to it I attached a 3/4 ton come-a-log so now all I have to do is lower to the top of the transom hook up tight raise the crane full extended then get the other clearance by raising the come-a-long it works great just put my 454 back in my nova spyder today took about 20 min.

do you have the OTC hydraulic cherry picker if so that is a great uint
Old 05-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I used a backhoe.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT
do you have the OTC hydraulic cherry picker if so that is a great uint
I huess i bought it at northern tool it will lift different weights depending on the boom extension
Old 05-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Lift the bow, maybe let the air out of the tires and use a cherry picker like goodt says. You can get the back end of the boat almost on the ground.

Why do they call it a cherry picker anyhow?
Old 05-20-2006, 05:04 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

"A cherry picker. also known as a boom lift is a device that consists of a bucket at the end of a hydraulic lifting system, usually mounted on the back of a large vehicle such as a truck, or sometimes a stand-alone trailer. The bucket is designed for a person to stand in, and work from. Often a duplicate set of controls that are used to manipulate the position of the bucket will be available to the person in the bucket, allowing the operator to position himself. The lifting arms of some cherry pickers are capable of telescoping to adjust the reach of the device.

Cherry pickers were originally designed for use in orchards, (not just cherry orchards). It lets the picker pick fruit high in a tree with relative ease. Similar devices, also known as 'cherry pickers' are also used to service telephone, cable television and electrical equipment on utility poles. Some fire trucks have a cherry picker instead of a fire ladder, and some window cleaners also use them. Cherry pickers are also used in mining and construction."
Old 05-20-2006, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ratickle you remind me of wilson on home improvement.good knowledge.thanks for the ideas guys

Quick Reply: Pulling Motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.