Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/131717-mesas-baddest-turbo-power.html)

MESABALANCING 06-02-2006 08:42 AM

Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

3 Attachment(s)
I started a post last year we were getting involved in the most extensive turbo research program to date in our shop. I can tell you I've seen many turbo engines in the past year every were and nothing compares to what we've done we have 220 hours of dyno time alone in the mapping of the fuel and ignition system in the engine alone. We've tested 18 different cams three different ecu units just to name a few things we've been working on . Last night we made with 15 psi 1440hp at 6800rpm and 1200ft lbs we did a static pull at 6800 rpm for 10 minutes and set the fuel curve by bsfc egt and o2 sensor and found 122hp over our sweep pulls by bringing the fuel ratio from 12.9 to 11.5 I know you're thinking it's rich and it is a bit but the power doesn't lie if it makes power it's got to be good . These engines are going to be taken apart next week for inspection of bearings and sealing surfaces and then put back together for testing with race fuel we're we expect to make over 2200hp the engines have had valve springs replaced one time at 100hours and we pulled the valve covers off last night after we blew the charge hose off one side and the engine looks like it hasn't run five minutes. The cylinder sealing system we're using the development has come from formula 1 technology and the engines do not use any intake exhaust or head gaskets the only gasket in the engines is a pan gasket and a rear seal that's it. I hope you guys enjoy the pics and I also have a video of a pull when we blew the charge hose and you can really hear the turbos going. Sincerely Laz Mesa
P.S. these engines are already available for production and come in several power and size configurations.

cougarman 06-02-2006 08:48 AM

Re: Mesa's Baddest Turbo Power

Sounds Like your research is going well.

Cougarman

MESABALANCING 06-02-2006 08:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
In the pics you can see the O2 sensors we're using directly tie into the computer for tuning and using two different O2 units one on the right bank and one on the left for repeatability and assurance while tunning the boost controller we're using we're helping with the feature development the boost controller is tied into the ecu and one controller controls both engines at the same time by fuel press and boost press it's the neatest set up I've used in the 15 years we've been building and racing turbo engines.

MESABALANCING 06-02-2006 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The best boost controller I've ever used

SUTPHEN17 06-02-2006 09:21 AM

Looking good Laz! Bolt that monster into the Camaro!

BTW its Eddy (turbo pickup) :chimp:

articfriends 06-02-2006 05:05 PM

10 minutesat wfo at 6800-SWEET!!

Jayl13 06-02-2006 06:50 PM

Laz, you are an engine GOD bro!
Where is the Vid?
This I have to SEE!!!

offthefront 06-02-2006 07:14 PM

Rumor has it .... Gorilla Glue ????

O rings ?

MESABALANCING 06-05-2006 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by offthefront
Rumor has it .... Gorilla Glue ????

O rings ?

3m weather strip adhesive. No hear is a pic of what it actually looks like this is a nitrogen filled ring that is installed similar to an oring on the deck but it works with temperature and press. The high the temp the more it expands and tighter the seal it's original design is for sealing solid fuel rocket engines compression chambers . Sincerely Laz
P.S. We pulled the heads on Friday and they looked like they had never been installed on the engine and run.

Payton 06-05-2006 09:16 PM

I bet you can pick those up right down the street at the CarQuest, right? :D

Nice work Laz. It amazes me what guys like you can do with engines.