Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
how much total timing are you running on your na motors? >

how much total timing are you running on your na motors?

Notices

how much total timing are you running on your na motors?

Old 06-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how much total timing are you running on your na motors?

8.75:1 and yes you should be fine at 34 with any aluminum heads....your 651 cam is doing a good job of controlling cylinder pressures as well......set it there, go run it and see if you can pull more rpm (virtually certain) then check some plugs to see what they look like.....if they look good, turn it up to 36 and REPEAT....I would run at least 89 if not 91-93 octane. I probably wouln't run above 36 even if it does pull more....once it stops pulling more you have your timing...I/E if you turn to 36 and the tach/speed doesn't move then turn it back down to 34......

Frankly you are probably being harder on your motor running 28 degreees than 34....

Sb brings up many good points about componets, etc but your motor is not a "radical" deviation from the normal performance build.

Last edited by jdnca1; 06-23-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: how much total timing are you running on your na motors?

Originally Posted by jdnca1
8.75:1 and yes you should be fine at 34 with any aluminum heads....your 651 cam is doing a good job of controlling cylinder pressures as well......set it there, go run it and see if you can pull more rpm (virtually certain) then check some plugs to see what they look like.....if they look good, turn it up to 36 and REPEAT....I would run at least 89 if not 91-93 octane. I probably wouln't run above 36 even if it does pull more....once it stops pulling more you have your timing...I/E if you turn to 36 and the tach/speed doesn't move then turn it back down to 34......

Frankly you are probably being harder on your motor running 28 degreees than 34....

Sb brings up many good points about componets, etc but your motor is not a "radical" deviation from the normal performance build.
8.75?