Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Who Makes The Best Oil. Cooler I Need One (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/133629-who-makes-best-oil-cooler-i-need-one.html)

nocigarette 06-25-2006 03:36 PM

Who Makes The Best Oil. Cooler I Need One

My Motor Ran Over 250 Deg In Oil Temp It Is Not Pluged I Need A Bigger Cooler Who Makes The Best One, And How Soon Can I Get It..................

RLW 06-25-2006 06:48 PM

Re: Who Makes The Best Oil. Cooler I Need One

I am thoroughly satisfied with the 3" oil cooler I received from Fred.
I was hitting 250 degrees at WOT with a 2" x 17" cooler.
Now, I am at 225-230 degrees at WOT with a 3" x 18" cooler.
My oil temperature is T-Stat controlled with the Mercury Racing HP500 filter mount.

ratman 06-25-2006 06:48 PM

if you install the big 3" cooler you will probably want to install a themostat to keep it warm enough the evaporate any condensation in the engine.

nocigarette 06-26-2006 04:50 AM

I Welded A Sending Unit In My Oil Pan So I Get The Temp Reading At Its Hottest Point, I Might Be Oveer Reacting But The Redings I Get There Are Hot,270-280 At Wot..........

RLW 06-26-2006 11:56 AM

What you haven't revealed is what size cooler you are using now and what are your oil temps after the WOT run, at cruise (i.e. 3500 RPM).
My oil temp is measured at the inlet side of the oil filter mount. This would be the next highest reading after the oil pan. I would guess the reading would be higher at the pan.

nocigarette 06-26-2006 04:21 PM

The Cooler Is At Least 3in In Diameter And 2 Ft Long MY OIL TEMP IS AT 260-270 AT WOT CRUISING IT IS RUNNING AT 250- 260...........AS FAR AS I KNOW THATS WAY TO HOT

vandeano 06-26-2006 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by nocigarette
The Cooler Is At Least 3in In Diameter And 2 Ft Long MY OIL TEMP IS AT 260-270 AT WOT CRUISING IT IS RUNNING AT 250- 260...........AS FAR AS I KNOW THATS WAY TO HOT

I put my sender in oil pan also and get a 300 degree reading and I have a big oil cooler I bought from teague and it doesn't even have have the power steering cooler built in. When I use my Lazar point thermo gun it reads 210 at the oil filter.
Go figure.......

nocigarette 06-27-2006 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by vandeano
I put my sender in oil pan also and get a 300 degree reading and I have a big oil cooler I bought from teague and it doesn't even have have the power steering cooler built in. When I use my Lazar point thermo gun it reads 210 at the oil filter.
Go figure.......

THATS THE ANWSER I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO THOUGHT THE SAME WAY AS ME TRYING TO BE SHARP AND WELDING THE UNIT IN THE PAN. I WILL STILL GET A POINTER AND DOUBLE CHECK THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU