Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Roller Lifters for a 496HO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/137612-roller-lifters-496ho.html)

TROUBLE MAKER 08-10-2006 08:25 PM

Roller Lifters for a 496HO

What is the best ones?? And will they fit under the stock valve covers??

Thanx,
Gary

Pwrbt33 08-10-2006 09:13 PM

Re: Roller Lifters for a 496HO

Do ou mean roller lifters or do you mean roller rockers? If you are talking about valve covers I am assuming you are talking about rocker arms.

John S. :D

TROUBLE MAKER 08-10-2006 10:48 PM

Yes... Rocker Arms.. I wasn't thinking while I was typing.. :rolleyes:

TROUBLE MAKER 08-11-2006 08:00 PM

Ttt

Nordicflame 08-14-2006 01:23 PM

You can call Larry Peto in Tucson (520-623-5373) or Tyler Crockett. Both have a set that will work for you.
Dave

RaggedEdge 08-14-2006 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TROUBLE MAKER
Yes... Rocker Arms.. I wasn't thinking while I was typing.. :rolleyes:

Crower! The best there is. You pay for the quality, but like all things in life, you get what you pay for. Their stainless roller rockers are the best money can buy. If you can wait for them get them with the needle bearing roller tip option as well. I purchased them this season to replace the Crane Golds that I was running and will never use anything else from now on.

TROUBLE MAKER 08-14-2006 07:39 PM

Thanks...

Nordicflame 08-15-2006 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Crower! The best there is. You pay for the quality, but like all things in life, you get what you pay for. Their stainless roller rockers are the best money can buy. If you can wait for them get them with the needle bearing roller tip option as well. I purchased them this season to replace the Crane Golds that I was running and will never use anything else from now on.

Crower is great but I don't think they make a set that will fit under the stock 496HO valve covers.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Dave

Rage 08-16-2006 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge

What problem did you have with the Crane Gold's that the Crower's do not have?

88Fount33 08-16-2006 11:34 AM

I like the Crower also because they are Stainless Steel instead of aluminum and weight just slightly less than aluminum.

But they are pricey when compared to other rockers in aluminum (I'm running Lunati rockers).