Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   How can I protect upolstery this winter (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/141006-how-can-i-protect-upolstery-winter.html)

G Man 09-20-2006 08:46 PM

How can I protect upolstery this winter

getting ready to put the boat away for the winter. IS there any reccomended product to wipe down the boat upolstery with in order to both protect and help prevent any possible mold from occuring? Boat will be indoors at a constant 55 degrees but I am unsure about the humidity levels.

Payton 09-21-2006 06:03 AM

Re: How can I protect upolstery this winter

I just use a good cleaner then a protectant, Armoral, Wizards or similar. Then make sure it's very dry. I leave it uncovered for a few days. then cover it with my cover and leave it. I store in about the same conditions as you.

Chris288 09-21-2006 08:10 AM

I used to get mold pretty bad when storing the boat over the winter, I found some spray on mold repellent and it has worked great for the last 3 seasons. I spray it on everything, wipe it down and zero mold. I got it at walmart, sorry, just cant remember the name...

Reckless32 09-21-2006 10:22 AM

Get a few of those moisture absorbant kits from your local grovcery store and place in the cuddy and cockpit. The more the better. Might even want to give everything a coat of Lysol disinfectant spray????

Queenie 09-21-2006 12:23 PM

A bag of charcoal will do the same thing and is less expensive to absorb moisture.

A good cleaning, use a protectant and keep the cover off a day before putting the cover on.

Chris288 09-21-2006 06:47 PM

just got home and looked at the bottle,,, it's scotch guard mold and mildew repellent, I spray it on everything in the cabin, even the head-liner,, zero mold ...

BadDog 09-21-2006 07:00 PM

Characoal is cheap and works very well. Just place a bag in the cuddy and cockpit, put one under the hatch as well. Leave the hatch open just an inch and leave bilge plug out.

FOUNTAINIII 09-21-2006 07:03 PM

Wipe The Seats With 303 Protectant,and A Few Bags Of Charcoal In The Cuddy And Cockpit

bcarpman 09-22-2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINIII
Wipe The Seats With 303 Protectant,and A Few Bags Of Charcoal In The Cuddy And Cockpit

Where do you get the bags of charcoal? How big are these bags?

BadDog 09-22-2006 04:13 PM

Kroger, Meijer, by the sauce. Just don't get any of the Hickory or matchlite!