Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   reversion and intake manifolds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/143291-reversion-intake-manifolds.html)

mcrsr 10-21-2006 06:49 AM

reversion and intake manifolds

is there any correlation w/ the type of intake manifold used and reversion???

SB 10-21-2006 09:21 AM

Re: reversion and intake manifolds

intake reversion, exhaust gas reversion, or exhaust water reversion ?

the duke 10-21-2006 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by mcrsr
is there any correlation w/ the type of intake manifold used and reversion???

No.

ghittner 10-21-2006 09:36 PM

Ditto, no.

Vinny P 10-21-2006 10:02 PM

I agree with No.. Unless you are going to run a supercharger.

SB 10-23-2006 07:06 PM

Actually, a positive displacement supercharger can help fend of exhaust reversion. The spinning rotors seem to help stop/dampen pressure going from comb chamber to intake port.

Centrifugal blowers don't seem to have this benefit since the tb/carb throttle blades are afterwards and it does not have rotors sitting/spinning atop the the intake ports like the positive displacements.

=====================
When both valves are open the intake port, comb chamber, and exhaust are all open to each other.

So, I say Hell Yes, the intake can influence this.

=======================

I may be off in my thinking + knowledge, so let's hear more opinions.

the duke 10-23-2006 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by SB
When both valves are open the intake port, comb chamber, and exhaust are all open to each other.

So, I say Hell Yes, the intake can influence this..

That interesting, but he asked if the intake manifold can cause reversion, and the answer is still no.

racinfever 10-23-2006 08:07 PM

There is definitley reversion in your intake manifold, especially in marine engines where the motor is under constant load and carb openings tend to be larger. That is why large plenum intakes are more desireable to dampen the paulses and create more top end power.

the duke 10-23-2006 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by racinfever
There is definitley reversion in your intake manifold, especially in marine engines where the motor is under constant load and carb openings tend to be larger. That is why large plenum intakes are more desireable to dampen the paulses and create more top end power.

He asked IF the intake manifold caused reversion, not if there was reversion in the intake manifold.

racinfever 10-23-2006 09:36 PM

Premium Content | Register | Log In | Help
Dictionary Thesaurus Encyclopedia The Web

Advertisement

Top Web Results for "correlation"

To clear things up, heres the definition of correlation. Making my response relative. I think one of us has misunderstood the meaning of correlation.

n 1: a reciprocal relation between two or more things