Fuel Pressure Gauge?? >

Fuel Pressure Gauge??

Notices

Fuel Pressure Gauge??

Old 01-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Pressure Gauge??

I am redoing the dash on my 257. I'd like to go with the SS Competition gauges so that my gauges don't end up costing more than my engine rebuild

I'm not the type that has to always go cheap, but I've read good things about these gauges around here. PM me if anyone knows anything I don't

I wanted to add a fuel pressure gauge, but they don't offer one. Bob from SS said the Viking stuff is similar, but I'm wondering what the opinion is regarding the necessity of a cockpit fuel pressure guage, especially if I have to spend extra money for something that won't match the rest of my gauges.

Opinions?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Pressure Gauge??

cant help ya with the Fuel pressure gauge but want to let you know you will love the SS Competition gauges. I did mine last year on my checkmate
Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personnely I like to have as much information as necessary when it comes to runnning boats. I don't think the guage and sender is really that much compared to an engine rebuild. I'm sure it would come close to matching what you plan on purchasing.

Its just my 02. cents on it.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have fuel pressure guages added to the dash of my 382:
Attached Thumbnails Fuel Pressure Gauge??-382-dash-020.jpg   Fuel Pressure Gauge??-382-dash-018.jpg   Fuel Pressure Gauge??-382-dash-017.jpg  

Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would say yes, and use electrical. its safer. god forbid
Old 01-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Have fuel pressure guages added to the dash of my 382:

Tad high on that Starboard motor ?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by monstaaa
i would say yes, and use electrical. its safer. god forbid

Monstaaa ... on a NA motor at what pressure would you be concerned on running out of fuel ...My Holley Mechanicals should run about 7 lbs ? So on a WOT run how low could you go without concern or do you need to maintain ~7-8lbs ?
Old 01-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by bcarpman
I am redoing the dash on my 257. I'd like to go with the SS Competition gauges so that my gauges don't end up costing more than my engine rebuild

I'm not the type that has to always go cheap, but I've read good things about these gauges around here. PM me if anyone knows anything I don't

I wanted to add a fuel pressure gauge, but they don't offer one. Bob from SS said the Viking stuff is similar, but I'm wondering what the opinion is regarding the necessity of a cockpit fuel pressure guage, especially if I have to spend extra money for something that won't match the rest of my gauges.

Opinions?

i run a 700 hoarse na motor and my fuel pressure gauge is at the fuel rail on the carberator......Once preswsure is set i dont really need to know what pressure is unless i am tuning...........As far as the gauges go i use them and they are great.......Give me a pm if ya want to bs i live close to ya.............pm me for the phone number
Attached Thumbnails Fuel Pressure Gauge??-magnum-095.jpg  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nocigarette
i run a 700 hoarse na motor and my fuel pressure gauge is at the fuel rail on the carberator......Once preswsure is set i dont really need to know what pressure is unless i am tuning...........As far as the gauges go i use them and they are great.......Give me a pm if ya want to bs i live close to ya.............pm me for the phone
number
isn't that the idea of the Gauge ? You might want to know ? Say your running WOT and your FP goes South and your pressure drops by 75% ? less fuel ..same volume of air ....bad combo at 5600 RPM ...m
Old 01-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Your right but, in a stock application like his cutting a hole in the dash and putting a gauge in that doesnt match the rest of the dash doesnt make much sense............If ya look at the pic of my dash i have warning light on top of the two top gauges one is for fuel pressure and one for oil......20psi of oil light comes on.....any drastic drop in fuel press light comes on....

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Gauge??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.