Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers >

Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Notices

Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Old 02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the quick and quiet is open I don't see any restriction so it should not matter that it is there. The only time I would see restriction is when it is going thru the outdrive. With the quick and quiet in the open position, your performance increase should be the same as a boat that is not equipped with the quick and quiet system.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about side mount Whipple installed (twin application)pictures with the exhaust? If not, I'll have you some in a few weeks.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any testing on a 502 efi mag? Might be interested in that with trs twins.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Registered

Thanks Dana. I've been looking at and reading up on these since they came out and I really believe that you have the best performing (and best looking) header/manifold setup out there.
I think that there are two things about your design that must mitigate reversion: 1) the longer primary length, and; 2) the vortex cone which generates a scavenging effect in the collector.
From what I'm hearing, these systems are by far the best bang for the buck IMO.
If they can physically fit on my M-3 equipped 540, I will be finding out for myself how good they work. Thanks again.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered

Jason Smith, please provide images. In fact I'm in the process of a new catalog and I'd love to have high res images of your boat and the engine compartment. Provide me with details on the boat, year, make, size, engines, etc.. and your info, name, location, where you boat, etc.. and we'll list a nice testimonial in the new book. That offer is open for anyone using Dana Marine Products.

We've been selling this system four roughly 4 years now, we just recently completed the 496 kit. Previous to that, we've done several 454 and 502 installations, all with positive results. The 502 MPI has very similar HP and torque increases compared to the 496 HO. We don't have recent dyno info on the 502, but I have had alot of referral sales on this product. I've sold and installed just about every exhaust system out there. Some results were better than others, but I can honestly say, I've never had a referral rate or as much positive feedback as I have had with our system.

Last edited by dana marine products; 02-11-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

As Hardcore mentioned, there is no other system that has the internal design like the DMP system. When we set out to make this manifold and riser combo, we really didn't want to just be another manifold manufacturer or supplier. Most manifolds are pretty much the same as they were 15 years ago. Unfortunately there are alot of manifolds being made that are almost exactly the same as other existing brands. In our eyes, a copy of a copy of a copy just wan't the answer for Dana Marine Products.

As anyone can see, the design of our system is a radical departure from all other existing systems. Not only cosmetically, but in function. This system was born and bred specifically to make real HP and torque. Trust me, it's not cheap to undergo a project of this nature. If I disclosed how much money we've invested in development and tooling, most people would tip over out of their chair.

We sought out help from professional exhaust engineers who specialize in Nascar exhaust systems. These guys were very serious, and has some real issues when we showed them some existing systems in the industry. After roughly 3 years of developement and tooling, we feel we've created the best manifold system available.

This system makes real HP and huge torque increases. In the case of the 496 engines we also documented a 4 percent fuel savings even with making more HP! More power and better fuel economy generally don't go in the same sentence.

We appreciate when someone notices that our system truly stands out as being innovative. It's been a long road traveled, and customer appreciation is our highest goal.

Last edited by dana marine products; 02-11-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

Dana,

what are the part numbers for the stock replacement for my 502MPI single set up, including riser? i am looking to purchase some replacement exhaust this week.

thanks

Walt
Old 02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dana marine products
Jason Smith, please provide images. In fact I'm in the process of a new catalog and I'd love to have high res images of your boat and the engine compartment. Provide me with details on the boat, year, make, size, engines, etc.. and your info, name, location, where you boat, etc.. and we'll list a nice testimonial in the new book. That offer is open for anyone using Dana Marine Products.

We've been selling this system four roughly 4 years now, we just recently completed the 496 kit. Previous to that, we've done several 454 and 502 installations, all with positive results. The 502 MPI has very similar HP and torque increases compared to the 496 HO. We don't have recent dyno info on the 502, but I have had alot of referral sales on this product. I've sold and installed just about every exhaust system out there. Some results were better than others, but I can honestly say, I've never had a referral rate or as much positive feedback as I have had with our system.
Ok, I'll get them to you. Out of the boat & in the boat.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Registered

Hi Walt, the manifold part number is EX-1000. We offer a couple of different riser options depending on the installation. Is the application straight thru the transom? Or is there "S" pipes or some sort of silent choice? Once specified, I can provide the exact details on the riser. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Registered

It is straight through the transom, thanks. Also do you recommend stainless or aluminum risers? i boat in salt water quite a bit.

thanks

Walt

Quick Reply: Dana Flow Torque Exhaust Manifold + Dana Vortex Exhaust Risers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.