Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Anyone making 4 1/2" tips w/internal flappers? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/155201-anyone-making-4-1-2-tips-w-internal-flappers.html)

Liquid Liability 04-04-2007 09:53 AM

Anyone making 4 1/2" tips w/internal flappers?

I am trying to replace a set of switchable muffler style exhaust tips on my Baja H2X. The old tips and the holes in the transom are 4 1/2". Is there anyone out there making or who can make a set of 4 1/2" stainless tips with internal flappers? Any help would be appreciated.

betitbig 04-04-2007 10:05 AM

I need the same exact thing.

I took out my Eddie Marine silent choice rattling noise makers.

I need the ends where the exhaust hoses attach to the risers to be 4" diameter, the thru hull tube to be 4 1/2" diameter and match the 3 exhisting mounting holes.

Liquid Liability 04-04-2007 11:05 AM

Exactly, I still need the 4" on the inside. The flange on my old ones were 6" in diameter and I have been told that a regular 4" tip will work as long as the flange is 6" and you get it sealed up good.

Before I go afro-engineering a set up, I wanted to see if anyone out there has what I am looking for.

MILD THUNDER 04-05-2007 06:10 AM

I think stainless marine had them or will make them.

Liquid Liability 04-05-2007 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER (Post 2082635)
I think stainless marine had them or will make them.

Thanks, I will give them a call and see what they have.

509 SC 04-08-2007 10:10 PM

You might try Rex Marine, they make some with anti-rattle flappers, I think they offer a 4 1/2" size. Steve

Canada Jeff 04-09-2007 06:41 AM

Teague has a set of electric switchable muffler tips that are 4 1/2 OD . Not that pricey, and you can still make her quiet when you want. I had a set and loved em.

Just an option.

Liquid Liability 04-09-2007 08:47 AM

[QUOTE=Canada Jeff;2086734]Teague has a set of electric switchable muffler tips that are 4 1/2 OD .

I had a set of those on there, but a certain "big" marina in the Somerset, KY area blew the serpentine belt off when they had my boat on consignment, and instead of fixing it, they ran it back in with no water pump and melted the internal flappers out of the tips (the heat also caused a major malfunction with my supercharger a few days later). :(

So, since they are discolored and have no flapper I want to change them out. I never used the muffler anyway. Thanks for the info and input.

Canada Jeff 04-09-2007 09:17 AM

I took the internal flaper out of my tips when I bought them. I think I still have them. If I do you can have them. They just slip in from the outside and a blot holds them in place right?

Liquid Liability 04-09-2007 10:57 AM

That may work, but I can not remember if the flapper bolt is removable or not. For some reason i think it is welded into the tip which is why i could not replace the flappers previously. I appreciate the offer, but the tips are so discolored from the heat I am just going to figure out something and go with new ones.