Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   GOODT --time to "Man up" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/158840-goodt-time-man-up.html)

Semper Fi 05-21-2007 08:21 PM

GOODT --time to "Man up"

GOODT-- YOU STILL OWE ME $1,000. I ALSO STILL HAVE THE CHECK YOU WROTE ME FOR $1,651.00 THAT BOUNCED AND YOU NEVER MADE AMENDS FOR IT LIKE YOU PROMISED. YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY???--- BE A MAN AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR OBLIGATIONS.

I was basically over this B.S situation until somebody here on OSO PM'd me about this thread. I really didn't want to deal with the whole ordeal again-- but I can't let GOODT just post and say "I'm sorry" without doing the right thing--which he has NOT done. He promised he would re-pay me time after time with broken promises. I will tell you all, don't let this loser touch your boats or you will get ripped off or have sub-par workmanship done on your boat. I consider alot of people on here my friends--I don't want to see you get ripped off by guys like GOODT. --I have warned you.

Thanks for everyone who stood by my side on this. I recieved alot of emails from you guys with support and offers for help in this issue when it arose. I have done numerous transcations with people on this board and every single time it was a positive experience for me and them--except for GOODT. Let me tell you all something--this guy has screwed alot of people. I got at least 10 emails from people who he "wronged"..........his name is SH*T in Maryland where he works and lives. GOODT has a bad reputation.

GOODT says "All I did was I tried to help"....what a bunch of B.S.!!! All he did was lie to me and Trader1 about the whole deal--then he says he was wrong and still owes me money and would make amends on it--BUT HE NEVER DID. Even though he came on here and basically admitted he wronged me, doesn't mean that everything is ok....he still OWES ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!! It's alot easier to forgive and forget when you aren't the one that got screwed--but put yourself in the shoes of the person that got screwed (not just myself) and you will see it in a different way. You are crazy if you trust this clown with your boat.

GOODT-- your B.S. apology doesn't mean Sh*T until YOU PAY ME BACK!!!

I will offer you this GOODT--pay me $600.00 and this done.

Semper Fi

MILD THUNDER 05-21-2007 09:19 PM

Not trying to be a jerk, but I recently stumbled on this thread and the other one, and I really dont think any of this belongs on this site, or let alone the TECH Q & A forum.

I hope you guys can get this issue resolved. The situation sounds like it sucks.

Byrdman 05-21-2007 09:30 PM

I think it belongs right smack on the main board like it is.....pleeeeeze

satisfactionII 05-21-2007 10:10 PM

right on, I'm with Byrdman on this one.

betitbig 05-21-2007 10:42 PM

This is my take on the situation, not that it matters but it is a public/members only (jacket to match) forum...

Rather than keep on keeping on, you should really just keep on keeping on...

Be the bigger of the two and write it off (mentallly). Show everyone on the boards here what a big man you really are.

In my opinion you're only dragging yourself down with GOODT by keeping these threads alive.

Sure people can pick sides but what do you gain out of it?

As you put it "his name is SH*T in Maryland where he works and lives. GOODT has a bad reputation...

Instead of draggin... Be done with it and put it over on the left side of your karma pile.

Why the $1650, down to the $1000 down to $600?

Now you've discounted it to $600? I personally wouldn't take the money from him on principle alone now...

Between you and me (nobody can read below this line, it's hidden)

You're a mortgage broker with a cobra, a boat, a house, Etc.

I'm sure you've more than made up the $1650 you lost on this deal with the So Cal real estate hay-day in the last couple of years.

KAAMA 05-21-2007 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Byrdman (Post 2135770)

I agree. I've seen several sweet/smooth talkin' fellers come on here in the past several years and rip decent folk, and all of ya'll off!

Semper Fi 05-21-2007 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by betitbig (Post 2135857)
This is my take on the situation, not that it matters but it is a public/members only (jacket to match) forum...

Rather than keep on keeping on, you should really just keep on keeping on...

Be the bigger of the two and write it off (mentallly). Show everyone on the boards here what a big man you really are.

In my opinion you're only dragging yourself down with GOODT by keeping these threads alive.

Sure people can pick sides but what do you gain out of it?

As you put it "his name is SH*T in Maryland where he works and lives. GOODT has a bad reputation...

Instead of draggin... Be done with it and put it over on the left side of your karma pile.

Why the $1650, down to the $1000 down to $600?

Now you've discounted it to $600? I personally wouldn't take the money from him on principle alone now...

Between you and me (nobody can read below this line, it's hidden)

You're a mortgage broker with a cobra, a boat, a house, Etc.

I'm sure you've more than made up the $1650 you lost on this deal with the So Cal real estate hay-day in the last couple of years.

MildThunder / betitbig

Why do I post about this? Becuase GOODT is a dirtbag who din't come through on his promises and now he's on OSO asking for "forgiveness" from people and that he's not a "bad guy". Fact of the matter is that he HAS NOT made good on his promises or paid me back and I don't want other people here on OSO to get "jacked" by Idiots like GOODT.............fair enough?? Trust me, I have recieved at least 10 emails from people that he "wronged". One guy in MD was taken for alot more $$ than me.....GOODT was supposed to be replacing parts ( supposed to be new parts) and painting them and saying they were new.

Just for clarification..........I gave him $2,200.00 to do work on a boat I was trying to purchase. He really didn't do anything to the boat--just lied and B.S. me and the seller for 3 months. I live in Ca. while he is in MD, so I couldn't just run down to his shop and checkup on his "progress". We agreed he would keep some money for his time (I was being nice) His check for $1,651 bounced.........then he sent me $600.00 and still owed me over $1,000. I gave him an "offer" to pay me back $600.00 and this is all over with. I simply couldn't let GOODT post that everything is "ok" and he's "sorry" when the fact of the matter is that he ran away from this issue instead of facing it like a responsible person. He would ignore my phone calls and never paid me back what he owed me. I'd hate to see him ripoff somebody else when a simple "warning" like I am posting could help steer an OSO "brother" from dealing with GOODT.

Bottom line is that I have done alot of business with people on OSO and there is NOT ONE PERSON who will say I wasn't great to deal with or fair in our dealings. That's the way I roll :)

Brydman and Satisfaction--thanks for your support :)

betitbig 05-22-2007 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi (Post 2135882)
MildThunder / betitbig

Why do I post about this? Becuase GOODT is a dirtbag who din't come through on his promises and now he's on OSO asking for "forgiveness" from people and that he's not a "bad guy". Fact of the matter is that he HAS NOT made good on his promises or paid me back and I don't want other people here on OSO to get "jacked" by Idiots like GOODT.............fair enough?? Trust me, I have recieved at least 10 emails from people that he "wronged". One guy in MD was taken for alot more $$ than me.....GOODT was supposed to be replacing parts ( supposed to be new parts) and painting them and saying they were new.

Just for clarification..........I gave him $2,200.00 to do work on a boat I was trying to purchase. He really didn't do anything to the boat--just lied and B.S. me and the seller for 3 months. I live in Ca. while he is in MD, so I couldn't just run down to his shop and checkup on his "progress". We agreed he would keep some money for his time (I was being nice) His check for $1,651 bounced.........then he sent me $600.00 and still owed me over $1,000. I gave him an "offer" to pay me back $600.00 and this is all over with. I simply couldn't let GOODT post that everything is "ok" and he's "sorry" when the fact of the matter is that he ran away from this issue instead of facing it like a responsible person. He would ignore my phone calls and never paid me back what he owed me. I'd hate to see him ripoff somebody else when a simple "warning" like I am posting could help steer an OSO "brother" from dealing with GOODT.

Bottom line is that I have done alot of business with people on OSO and there is NOT ONE PERSON who will say I wasn't great to deal with or fair in our dealings. That's the way I roll :)

Brydman and Satisfaction--thanks for your support :)

Ok, but once again we already know what you just typed again and yet once again.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but trying to get you to focus on the good things in life not the GOODT things in life...

I feel your pain, but be the bigger person and let it go. YOU will feel better as a person.

Right now it seems you are ready to unravel, and some people might start to look at you as a whiner (just speculating).

Just do as I do when I feel wronged in a monetary way.

I go to work add a little effort here and a little extra there on a bid and walla before I know it I have made up my loss and then some (karma thing again).

And as far as your last line...

Bottom line is that I have done alot of business with people on OSO and there is NOT ONE PERSON who will say I wasn't great to deal with or fair in our dealings. That's the way I roll

Then keep on rolling that way and don't let one dirtbag get you in a tail spin.

KAAMA 05-22-2007 06:55 AM

I think I may have read this somewhere...."Actions speak louder than words---let it begin by making it right with the people a man owes."

gsmith9898 05-22-2007 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by KAAMA (Post 2135875)
I agree. I've seen several sweet/smooth talkin' fellers come on here in the past several years and rip decent folk, and all of ya'll off!

There is just as many crooks here are on oso as there good decent people. There is ALOT more big scotties on here than people think.:eek:

Shooter 05-22-2007 08:29 AM

I dunno guys,

I been on this board a long time - longer that my avatar indicates...

I have bought and sold here and I for one appreciate a heads up from time to time. I have never been taken luckily. Almost did once but feedback clued me in.

There are a ton of *******s in this business and having our own form of "ebay" feedback is not such a bad thing - if it is evidential. We can pretty much tell who is *****in and who is not.

OSO puts us in touch with each other and I vlaue that - through paid advitisers and those who participate in the forums.

Tony Montana 05-22-2007 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by betitbig (Post 2135909)
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but I feel your pain, but be the bigger person and let it go..

Please.............Gerard keep on this $cumbag!:mad: What a lot of people are missing is Goodt came back from the dead and throws this bull chit apology up and Gerard is just supposed to say welcome back buddy??? The more people know this guy can't be trusted the better! How would you feel if you got $crewed by this guy today and then you come to find out he has done it to many others? I think you could appreciate finding out about this guy BEFORE said $crewing would take place..........So thanks so much for your concern:rolleyes:

cuda 05-22-2007 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898 (Post 2136011)
There is just as many crooks here are on oso as there good decent people. There is ALOT more big scotties on here than people think.:eek:

I don't think that's true at all. Oso is kind of like a big club, would you try to rip off everyone in a club you belonged to? How long would it take for all the members to hear about it.:rolleyes:

Reckless32 05-22-2007 09:18 AM

I think the first sentence was enough. The rest reads really bad, and like one of my kids used to say, really mean.

Simply stating "we've still got some unresolved business to tend to" and letting it go at that is reall yall that is needed now, because all the crap down in the weeds has already been documented for those who care to read it.

Personally this is the last time I visit a post on this subject matter........Peace out.

gsmith9898 05-22-2007 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by cuda (Post 2136141)
I don't think that's true at all. Oso is kind of like a big club, would you try to rip off everyone in a club you belonged to? How long would it take for all the members to hear about it.:rolleyes:

Happens alot more than you think. I know I made a purchase a few months ago from a guy on here that did nothing but talk about how much money he made and he was the biggest fraud I have met on here yet. I still see him on here and laugh when people think they really know him. I don't air my grievances like some of these guys. This is personal mater and I will deal with it I see him. There is alot of good guys on here but there is ALOT of people that are blowing smoke.:eek:

Semper Fi 05-22-2007 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by betitbig (Post 2135909)
Ok, but once again we already know what you just typed again and yet once again.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but trying to get you to focus on the good things in life not the GOODT things in life...

I feel your pain, but be the bigger person and let it go. YOU will feel better as a person.

Right now it seems you are ready to unravel, and some people might start to look at you as a whiner (just speculating).

Just do as I do when I feel wronged in a monetary way.

I go to work add a little effort here and a little extra there on a bid and walla before I know it I have made up my loss and then some (karma thing again).

And as far as your last line...

Bottom line is that I have done alot of business with people on OSO and there is NOT ONE PERSON who will say I wasn't great to deal with or fair in our dealings. That's the way I roll

Then keep on rolling that way and don't let one dirtbag get you in a tail spin.

I do respect your opinion. BUT, don't assume for a minute that you know anything about me or what I'm thinking. I do feel good as a person and I enjoy life. Give me a break with the better person B.S. I see youra business owner.....I'm sure you got ripped off before also. I'm about to "unravel"? Hardly--I just didn't want to see other people ripped off by a scumbag like GOODT. YOU clearly didn't get the message

Outdrive1 05-22-2007 09:59 AM

He wrote a bad check and needs to make good on it. He's had plenty of time make things right. Just pay the money and move along.:rolleyes:

BTW Betitbig/*****whippled, my motor is in Larry's shop as we speak.:cool:

Big Block Billy 05-22-2007 10:23 AM

Time and unforseen circumstances befall us all. If this man made an error and messed up he should own up to it. Smearing his name will not help. I have had contact with him and he is very knoledgeable and helpful and I can't condemn him .
Maybe he is tired of getting pushed by people that throw thier money around scream and yell and call everyday thinking that their boat is the only thing that he is working on. Meanwhile other problems arise, the long wait for custom parts, trying to fix someone else's butcher job, or installing a motor or drive or part that wasn't made right, that was whored up by someone else and doing things in a hurry to actually try to please as many people as possible and try to get out of the heat.
I barely have a life anymore thanks to dealing with all the problems with boats , many are engineered in from the get go, others are caused by incompetent marinas that do not deserve to be in business. But have the financial backing to do so. And only are in it for the money. And really don't care about you me or thier workers.
It is impossible to pick up every mistake that some slap dash parts changer "mechanic" creates.
The amount of knowledge to be in the marine business far surpasses 8 years of med school or law school.
These "educated" people are the hardest to deal with and most people ignorantly look down on a mechanic and use them and consider them as a dirty grease monkey.
I will talk to GoodT and I still believe that he isn't a bad guy. He just got really jammed up and is trying to get out of a hole , let's help him dig his way out instead of shoveling more dirt on him. Let's do the right thing.... BBB

betitbig 05-22-2007 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2136213)
He wrote a bad check and needs to make good on it. He's had plenty of time make things right. Just pay the money and move along.:rolleyes:

BTW Betitbig/*****whippled, my motor is in Larry's shop as we speak.:cool:

Badkachina,
Cool, you will be happy when it's all done...
I have to make the turn around trip to drop off my boat in a couple weeks. Hopefully I can get in some seat time this summer.

Semper,
SIR, I was only giving my opinion SIR. And SIR I got your message loud and clear SIR...

ratman 05-22-2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Byrdman (Post 2135770)

out him for being a pos everywhere so others dont get hosed

jryan26 05-22-2007 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by ratman (Post 2136254)
out him for being a pos everywhere so others dont get hosed

Thats the right thing to do. You could be saving someone else a chitload of money.

Semper Fi 05-22-2007 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by betitbig (Post 2136251)

Semper,
SIR, I was only giving my opinion SIR. And SIR I got your message loud and clear SIR...

Don't call me SIR, I was a Seargent.....I work for a living :D

betitbig 05-22-2007 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi (Post 2136292)
Don't call me SIR, I was a Seargent.....I work for a living :D

Semper,

Sorry, I didn't mean to demean you.

This family is 20 years Navy...

Squid

satisfactionII 05-22-2007 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jryan26 (Post 2136282)
Thats the right thing to do. You could be saving someone else a chitload of money.

Damned straight. I pay attention to posts like this so that I don't get hosed. I have followed this incident from the first time Semper Fi reported it and appreciate the truth. This board and posts like Semper Fi's have saved me money now and in the future, kinda like 'caveat emptor' eh? :cool:

Semper Fi 05-22-2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by betitbig (Post 2136316)
Semper,

Sorry, I didn't mean to demean you.

This family is 20 years Navy...

Squid

I was joking with you to lighten up our conversation -- We are on the same team!! :D

Semper Fi 05-22-2007 12:33 PM

THANK YOU for all your support my OSO brothers!!!!:drink:

gsmith9898 05-22-2007 02:41 PM

I think there should be a forum just for bad deals like this. That way when you are looking at spending some money with someone you can do a search and see what you can find out about others dealings with that person.

Semper Fi 05-22-2007 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898 (Post 2136622)
I think there should be a forum just for bad deals like this. That way when you are looking at spending some money with someone you can do a search and see what you can find out about others dealings with that person.

I couldn't agree more. That is an EXCELLENT idea! They used to have a bad business forum (or something like that) here on OSO.

99fever27 05-22-2007 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by satisfactionII (Post 2136364)
Damned straight. I pay attention to posts like this so that I don't get hosed. I have followed this incident from the first time Semper Fi reported it and appreciate the truth. This board and posts like Semper Fi's have saved me money now and in the future, kinda like 'caveat emptor' eh? :cool:

100% agree!

Edward R. Cozzi 05-22-2007 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi (Post 2136741)
I couldn't agree more. That is an EXCELLENT idea! They used to have a bad business forum (or something like that) here on OSO.

You're absolutely correct. We used to have a Bad Business section and it helped me collect from a few guys who I trusted to pay me after I sent them their surveys and figured I would just go away quietly. The problems started when the deadbeats themselves started threads trying to discredit other honest people who were just trying to collect their money.

The administrators were caught in the middle and figured it was just easier to delete the section rather than try to unravel what was really happening. Can't blame them a bit.

Hey Semper: My oldest kid was in the corps for six years.
Ran the powerplant test cell. Traveled all over the world and was stationed in Japan for his last 18 months. I went over there to see him. Gave the Marines a boy and they gave me back a MAN. A day doesn't go by I don't swell with pride!

Semper Fi 05-22-2007 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi (Post 2137064)

Hey Semper: My oldest kid was in the corps for six years.
Ran the powerplant test cell. Traveled all over the world and was stationed in Japan for his last 18 months. I went over there to see him. Gave the Marines a boy and they gave me back a MAN. A day doesn't go by I don't swell with pride!

That's awesome!! Sounds like you are a proud father--congrats Ed. :drink: Thank you for all your help and info when I needed it for my Powerplay.

Tony Montana 01-24-2008 05:54 PM

GOODT
Registered
Last Activity: 01-16-2008 08:45 PM
:Whatever::rolleyes::hothead:

Semper Fi 01-27-2008 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 2419601)
GOODT
Registered
Last Activity: 01-16-2008 08:45 PM
:Whatever::rolleyes::hothead:

Thanks Joe! GOODT-- Go AWAY!!!