Cog Drive Pulley Setup for M-3 Procharger >

Cog Drive Pulley Setup for M-3 Procharger

Notices

Cog Drive Pulley Setup for M-3 Procharger

Old 05-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cog Drive Pulley Setup for M-3 Procharger

Does anyone on here run cog drive pulleys on a Procharger M-3? If so, where did you get them and what did you have to buy? I know I will need the solid idler as well as the pulleys and I want to install one of Prochargers surge valves as well. Does anybody offer a kit for this? My serpentine belt is definitely slipping and I don't want to have to crank the tensioner down anymore, cause it's like a guitar string already.
I just got off the phone with some unhelpful moron at Procharger "Technical Dept" who says that he doesn't make cog drive setups for Marine and that I would have to piece it together myself and that he couldn't help me with that. These are the same bunch who couldn't help me at all with jetting my carb too. It's a wonder they have so many customers. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HARDCORE A/O
Does anyone on here run cog drive pulleys on a Procharger M-3? If so, where did you get them and what did you have to buy? I know I will need the solid idler as well as the pulleys and I want to install one of Prochargers surge valves as well. Does anybody offer a kit for this? My serpentine belt is definitely slipping and I don't want to have to crank the tensioner down anymore, cause it's like a guitar string already.
I just got off the phone with some unhelpful moron at Procharger "Technical Dept" who says that he doesn't make cog drive setups for Marine and that I would have to piece it together myself and that he couldn't help me with that. These are the same bunch who couldn't help me at all with jetting my carb too. It's a wonder they have so many customers. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I think I spoke to the same moron you talked to......what a bunch of ....................................he said all the people who developed the marine stuff were long gone and no one could answer my questions......Morons!

Bryan
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Yeah , you've got that right Bryan, the guy I spoke to insisted that I had to figure out what I needed and call him back! I said I thought that was his job, since he was the "technical assistant"! I actually hung up on the stupid sh!thead! I guess I'll have to go through the Automotive Manual that I have and try to figure out what parts to get. I know that the Automotive F-2 blower is supposed to carry the same pulleys.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

What size pulleys are you running,I'm running a 8" or so lower with a 3.85 12 rib upper and sometimes a 3.70 upper on a m-3sc,it does have to be tight to keep the 3.70 from slipping,I am going to try these ultra grip mods as a alternative. It might be something you want to try too,its supposed to help drastically, plus if not these guys can probably supply you with what you need. Keep us posted on what you do,Smitty
http://www.reichardracing.com/pulleys.php
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

Hey Smitty! Thanks. I'm running the stock 7.75" Crank Pulley (that's the only one Procharger makes I think) and the 3.85" upper. This produces 10 psi (flat) of boost max, but I know the belt is slipping because it makes that same amount of boost even in the middle/upper rpms and doesn't climb any after about 5000 rpm and the bracket is covered with rubber powder from the belt.
That pulley you have there looks very interesting. I think I'll check it out. The great think about the cog drive though, is that you don't need a lot of tension on the belt which takes quite a bit of load off the crank snout. The only prob is that the belt is postively engaged at all times so you need the purge valve to let the pressure out of the pipe/box when the throttle is pulled back.
I think if someone was to do a cog drive kit for the M-3 -4 &-5's there would be a good market for them.The problem is that Procharger doesn't seem to be the least bit interested in supporting their customers, so someone else could probably easily fill that void.
I also sent an e-mail to thesuperchargerstore.com yesterday but I haven't had a response as yet. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again for the help. Sam
Old 05-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Registered

FYI: I've been communicating with Bob Woods of The Supercharger Store and it seems that to convert to the cog drive system, I will have to convert to a different bracket, because the cog drive needs the solid idler and that won't work on the marine bracket. The good thing is that the cog bracket is made up of TWO peices of 3/4" Alum. plate vs. our single 3/4 plate marine bracket. I don't know about you guys, but I have seen my bracket flexing when I rev the motor up, even without load, so this upgrade is probably worth the trouble (bracket flex without a doubt causes belt slippage and wear).
Another thing is that, especially for us single engine guys, if someone built a longer bracket which located the blower farther off the side of the motor, this should eliminate the problems we have encountered with manifold/header interference and should give the blower a cleaner shot of cooler air rather than sucking air off the exhaust riser. I'm actually thinking of asking Bob to do such a bracket for me, since he does custom stuff for like Mopars, which Procharger themselves can't be bothered with.
It's not going to be cheap, but I think It'll be worth it in the end. I'll keep you all posted...
Old 05-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Put a chain drive on it and use motorcycle parts.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Registered

Hell Yeah, Cobra. Then I'll have that awesome sound too!!