O2 sensor in my CMIs >

O2 sensor in my CMIs

Notices

O2 sensor in my CMIs

Old 06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor in my CMIs

Im looking to get an O2 sensor bung installed in my CMI headers on my 525sc. Does anyone know of someone reputable in Socal that can do this for me? And fairly quickly as well?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

Go to any muffler shop, they can pop em in. Just wondering your motor is the SCI version not the SC correct? Otherwise, why are you needing the 02 Sensors.

I have a custom 540 Fuel Injected ASM kit with a FAST ECU and the initial programming is all ready built in for the 02 correction due to the wet exhaust.

I have the bung in my riser but we only use it temporarily to get the readings and final tune the boat on the water after the initial dyno programming.

If you were to run the O2 sensor full time it would hammer the sensor and it would not last. Which, is why the correction is built into the initial ECU.

At least that is what i was told from Westec Performance in Ontario CA, who dynoed the motor.

Just a thought.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Registered

I don't know about a muffler shop worrking on my expensive cmi's. You might check with Teague custom marine, GT marine, or Pfaff in socal. Where do you live? It's important to get the water jacket sealed and keep the stainless polished.. Mine was removed to do the welding and then reinstalled. I totally agree that trying to run them full time will be a problem. I only use it for ecu programing. Even then we have had issues with water damaging the sensor.

Last edited by zahndok; 06-26-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Registered

no this is a carbed 525sc motor. I would be doing this for tuning purposes only and they would be pulled after i get the motor where i want it to be.

I just dont trust any of the muffler shops ive used around me to do a clean enough job to do work on these expensive headers, and i want someone that understands that there is water in there as well and that they have to seal it up.

I am correct on this right? There is water running all around the riser correct? there isnt a spot where this could be done without worrying about water right?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

The boat is at the chino airport and I am in orange county. So someone that is near either one of those areas would be great. I am actually going to Teague tomorrow but I wont have my headers with me as I am coming from SLO and stopping by on my way down to OC.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ssilverado60
no this is a carbed 525sc motor. I would be doing this for tuning purposes only and they would be pulled after i get the motor where i want it to be.

I just dont trust any of the muffler shops ive used around me to do a clean enough job to do work on these expensive headers, and i want someone that understands that there is water in there as well and that they have to seal it up.

I am correct on this right? There is water running all around the riser correct? there isnt a spot where this could be done without worrying about water right?
Thats what i thought you were doing, just wanted to make sure you knew. They are water jacketed pipes so you have to worry about water.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you UPS a tailpipe to CMI?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I sent mine to CMI. They got them back to me quickly. I wouldnt trust anyone else with them.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered

I could send a tailpipe in to them maybe. Anyone done this? I know reversion is a problem for nearly everyone so I wonder how bad it would be for my setup by putting the sensor out in the tailpipe. The farther out the worse it will be . . .

checkmate454mag, what did they charge you to do this? and did you do it on the riser or the tailpipe?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

I run full dry tails, so reversion is not an issue for me. The O2 sensor bung is welded in the tail pipe, maybe 1" or so in from the header. I think they charged me $125 or so. I remember, it wasnt much.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor in my CMIs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.