What about vinyl graphics? >

What about vinyl graphics?

Notices

What about vinyl graphics?

Old 06-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What about vinyl graphics?

I have been doing some thinking and I am now wondering if it would work to put vinyl graphics on my boat instaed of paint. I plan to paint the whole hull white but instead of painting the graphics on, would vinyl work for that? I will be trailering my boat and it won't ever see more than 10 to 12 hours in the water at one time. Anyone with knowledge about this please chime in.
Thanks,
Chuck
Old 06-19-2007, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

The answer to your question is yes.
See my post (4) in this thread:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=158963

The only problem with white or other light colors is you can see any dark areas under the vinyl. Before applying the yelo to the Starcraft it was necessary to put a layer of white over a large blue stripe to avoid bleed thru.
Attached Thumbnails What about vinyl graphics?-starcraftwhite-sm.jpg  
Old 06-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered

graphics

Just had my boat repainted from rail down. So far have just got the name back on boat (FARFROMPUKEN). They are in vinyl. Go to Racelinedigital.com and they have an excellent web site. You can send them a pic of your boat and will super impose the graphic of your choice and email it back to you. They will even change the color of the boat so you can compare. Mine was white but told them I was painting it black so they mocked it up for me. Ordered 26 ft of 3 color graphic for 750.00.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Cool...Thanks guys. I really would like to do the vinyl because as we get older out tastes change and what we like now we may not like in a few years. Paint is just so permanent. Looks like the vinyl will be the way to go......SWEEEETTTTT!!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Registered

Thanks a ton bro!!! I am def. getting the vinyl from Raceline digital. They have some really cool stuff. Are you going to put it on yourself? I don't know if I trust myself enough for that...

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Just had my boat repainted from rail down. So far have just got the name back on boat (FARFROMPUKEN). They are in vinyl. Go to Racelinedigital.com and they have an excellent web site. You can send them a pic of your boat and will super impose the graphic of your choice and email it back to you. They will even change the color of the boat so you can compare. Mine was white but told them I was painting it black so they mocked it up for me. Ordered 26 ft of 3 color graphic for 750.00.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Registered

If you have any good larger shops in your area, they might be able to help you out. My buddy was interested in a scheme and the shop was able to produce something for him AND put it on.

The beauty is that within the first year he got scuffed and knicked. Had the gelcoat repaired to regular white at shop and then vinyl shop was able to replace just small sections of checker in the aft sides with ease and low cost.

I'm looking at doing same and as you mention, will be easy to change look a few years down the road.

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Ive had great luck with vinyl graphics...eveything you see in yellow and /or red is made out of vinyl. The original colors are the blue and the white. Lasted like this for 3yrs before i sld it off to a friend of mine...who had it another year and sold it. Only problem i ever ran into was a leading edge peeling off.....a quick fix is clear nail polish...and never a problem again.
Attached Thumbnails What about vinyl graphics?-scarab1.jpg   What about vinyl graphics?-stresstest5.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

I am going with the vinyl from racelinedigital. They have exactly what I was thinking about. The following vinyl on my 24' Outlaw....Team Tickfaw I owe you a case of your choice bro. Great hook up!!!

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails What about vinyl graphics?-sweet-vinyl.gif  
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

No problem, glad I could help. Come see us on the Tickfaw. Look for the black boat "FARFROMPUKEN". I have already picked out my graphic package from raceline but alot of people are suggesting I leave it black. Either way the boat has sure changed its looks.
Be cool
Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Registered

Check out this months powerboat issue. They did the powerboat photo Nordic with vinyl. Very cool!!

Quick Reply: What about vinyl graphics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.