Need opinion please - and tech'y advice if you know >

Need opinion please - and tech'y advice if you know

Notices

Need opinion please - and tech'y advice if you know

Old 06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Need opinion please - and tech'y advice if you know

So I'm sitting here at the office waiting on my driver to bring me lunch flipping through the recent West Marine ad they send me and I notice the difference between Premium TCW3 oil and the Optimax/DFI oil is $48.00 a gallon - WTF??? Holy Crap!

I'm one of those who would rather spend the money on what the mfg suggest or recommends - but WTF is the difference here??? $74.99 for DFI oil vs. $26.99 ..... someone please tell me this is a typo.

The guy I got the boat from actually ran it with the "normal" TCW3 oil - and it's out of warranty now anyway......

Go ahead - tell me your thoughts please!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txriverrat2001
So I'm sitting here at the office waiting on my driver to bring me lunch flipping through the recent West Marine ad they send me and I notice the difference between Premium TCW3 oil and the Optimax/DFI oil is $48.00 a gallon - WTF??? Holy Crap!

I'm one of those who would rather spend the money on what the mfg suggest or recommends - but WTF is the difference here??? $74.99 for DFI oil vs. $26.99 ..... someone please tell me this is a typo.

The guy I got the boat from actually ran it with the "normal" TCW3 oil - and it's out of warranty now anyway......

Go ahead - tell me your thoughts please!!!

OK i called - it is a misprint (Thank God!) $74.99 is for 2.5 gallons, not one.

but anyway since I started this rant - What is the difference in the two oils?? I've never had an issue and like I said the original owner put 42hrs on the motor with regular TCW3 oil....

whew.............................

Capt Ross
Old 06-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

back in the day when my friends and i were all into jetski's we ran just about every oil out there.....the only difference we ever found was from the Wallmart sythetic 2cycle oil they sold!!! believe it or not the inside of the motor stayed cleaner then the other stuff for some reason.........oh and Red Line 2cycle oil gave off a nice smell...sorta like race gas smell but with a tweak!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!