Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   help water in bildge (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/194411-help-water-bildge.html)

klaw 09-01-2008 09:06 PM

help water in bildge

thought it was from motor but its not last time out in 4.5 hours got 25 gals in bildge

have a cradle lift and lowered into water with out boat running could see a small trickle of water from under strarbord gimbal area \

I changed drive shaft bellows last year any other thing i should look for besides shift bellows?.
boat is on trailer and cani see any cracks in that belloes but have not removed drve yet for total inspection

any other ideas

niceguy 09-01-2008 09:35 PM

I had a hose from the sea pump leaking.... small crack in it and it eventually broke wide open. Check all the lines first.

klaw 09-01-2008 09:42 PM

all hoses are good boat in water not running i can see water coming in slowly from bo top edge og bottom of inner gimbal

offthefront 09-01-2008 10:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
make sure the hose connector is not cracked (Part #20) ....

800XCR 09-01-2008 10:59 PM

Make sure the transom assy itself it tight. Other than that, its a bellows or loose hose connection.

hillbilly24 09-02-2008 02:40 AM

The best thing to do is to get in there with an inspection mirror and a flashlight. It could be quite a few different things. The u-joint or shift bellows, the y-pipe or block off seal (depending on your setup), the steering shaft seal or even the gimbal housing seal itself could be leaking. Without getting in there with a mirror and a flashlight you are just guessing.

klaw 09-02-2008 05:19 AM

thanks for the responses
The boat has cmi exhaust with the y pipe removed and has the need block off plates will put back in onthe trailer and see if I can get a better look it's a twin so real he'd to get a good view I tried my helmet cam on a rod but could not get into position if I can't get a look may just yank motor reinstall drive the look will be easy then

blue thunder 09-02-2008 10:07 AM

The lower bolts that hold the transom assembly on are anodes and will rot out and let water in. At least on late eighties bravos, not sure about trs if that is what you have. The water leak will look just like you described.

BT :cool:

klaw 09-02-2008 11:21 AM

they are 1989 bravos I have ordered a video note scope and will have Thursday and gt a good look can I replace without pulling motor if it's the anode bolts?I am putting odds on that is the roblem

blue thunder 09-02-2008 12:42 PM

I replaced mine with one engine out and was able to do the other engine with it in. I used SS hex head bolts and washers. In hindsight I think SS carriage bolts would have made a better finished presentation. My buddy with 1990 bravos had the same deal and he ordered the anode bolts off BAMs sight and went back with original.

If you can do it or not with the engines in really depends on how your engine bay is rigged. It would be hard in my panther to replace the bolts from the top.