Old 09-26-2007, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 408 Likes on 182 Posts
Default Fogging a EFI

Whats the best way to fog a 500hp efi ?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I was told by someone not to fog efi's that it will clog the injectors. Any truth to this?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The service manual says to use a remote outboard type tank, mix stabilizer and 2 cycle oil and idle for 5 minutes. I 've been told fogging may damage map sensor. I like to spray with storage seal in addition to gas mix. Never had a problem.
Jim
Old 09-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I've heard of using both marvel Mystery Oil and 2 cycle oil. What I've read about people doing is mixing a cocktail with the Marvel or 2 cycle in the water sep filter with fuel. Run the engine till it smokes, shut down and then change the water sep filters.
Personally, I never fogged an engine for a normal winter layup and never had any issues.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

drain most of the fuel out from the fuel water seperator filer . refill with marvel mystery oil and reinstall. start engine and run until smokeappears. your done.

fogging or introducing oil into the dry plenum on efi engines, will usually ruin the mat sensor, or manifold air temp sensor. the oil ends up shorting the sensor internal as it is a wire element sensor.
also may ruin map, but usually that would take time if it happens and will not usually show up in spring.
you can also hydra lock the engine during its dormancy due to oil sttling and seaping thru dry intake into cylyders.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In addition to above procedures (whichever you prefer) how about removing spark plugs and putting a shot of oil in each hole then rolling it over a few seconds?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BadDog
In addition to above procedures (whichever you prefer) how about removing spark plugs and putting a shot of oil in each hole then rolling it over a few seconds?
If you have the time!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
drain most of the fuel out from the fuel water seperator filer . refill with marvel mystery oil and reinstall. start engine and run until smokeappears. your done.

fogging or introducing oil into the dry plenum on efi engines, will usually ruin the mat sensor, or manifold air temp sensor. the oil ends up shorting the sensor internal as it is a wire element sensor.
also may ruin map, but usually that would take time if it happens and will not usually show up in spring.
you can also hydra lock the engine during its dormancy due to oil sttling and seaping thru dry intake into cylyders.
I have fogged two efi500s from the very first winter.This will be my 6th winter.Never had a sensor go bad..Am I just lucky or should I change the way I put my twins to bed for the winter???
Old 09-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up state31sonic, I've been doing it a long time too. It's kind of like don't hot shot your boat it might hurt your ignition. Everyone one seems to have there own beliefs and preferences.
Jim
Old 09-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a remote 6 gallon fuel tank put fresh gas in it 93 Octane preferably. Add 1 pint of a quality two stroke oil to the fuel, Optimax or Yamalube etc. Then add the appropriate amount of Stabil fuel treatment to the mix. Hook up this mixture after having given it a good shake and run it through at or around 1300-1500rpm for approximately 5 minutes.

Do not run the fuel system dry. Shut off motor and spray any exposed components with a good fooging oil. Disconnect battery ground terminal and isolate it. Put boat in garage.

Quick Reply: Fogging a EFI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.