Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/199336-oil-puke-tanks-blower-motor.html)

Strip Poker 388 11-24-2008 10:50 PM

Oil in Puke tanks Blower motor

2 Attachment(s)
Heres some picks of My Motor Pucke tanks,one has a little more oil other is clean.

Is the one that has some oil in it cosidered norn?

Ill post the leak down when I get the paper work.15 % was the highest. one

Young Performance 11-24-2008 11:23 PM

It really depends on how high it is mounted above the valve cover. If it is several inches above the cover, then no it is not normal. Was the 15% on a cold engine that has not been run for a while. That still seems a little high. It all depends on the rings. I use Total Seal Gapless and it is VERY rare to see over 5%, even on a cold, haven't been run in months engine.

Strip Poker 388 11-25-2008 01:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 2746704)
It really depends on how high it is mounted above the valve cover. If it is several inches above the cover, then no it is not normal. Was the 15% on a cold engine that has not been run for a while. That still seems a little high. It all depends on the rings. I use Total Seal Gapless and it is VERY rare to see over 5%, even on a cold, haven't been run in months engine.

Eddie I did both motors at the same time, so this one was the last to get cked,prob was cooler.

Its looks like it around 3 inches higher than the fitting.

star 6-8-9-6 %
6.5-6-8-6

colder
port 9-15-12-9
8-11-14-12

also remember these are real loose p to c

Young Performance 11-26-2008 01:22 AM

The starboard engine is right where it needs to be. The port is a little high, but not enough to say something is wrong. When you say cold, do you mean an hour or 2, or a month or 2. When I say cold and hasn't been run, I mean for a month or 2. At 3 inches higher than the valve cover, I wouldn't think it would push any oil in it.
When you did the leakdown, could you tell where the air was leaking from. If you hook it back up, open the throttle blades and listen at the tailpipe for air. If you can't hear it in those places, then block off all of your breather openings real good and see if the leakdown gauge goes down. You will also get a rush of air when you uncover the breather hole. This means it is going past the piston.
Eddie

offthefront 11-26-2008 02:37 AM

Rob ... Take those Puke tanks out and put breathers on ....Helps keep Corrosion down in the Engine Room .... :)

eliminatethis 11-26-2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by offthefront (Post 2747564)
Rob ... Take those Puke tanks out and put breathers on ....Helps keep Corrosion down in the Engine Room .... :)

now thats funny

Elite Marine 11-26-2008 09:54 AM

Maybe if you slow down and stop making us other Hustler guys look like we are idling (at 90 MPH) you wouldnt have these issues!!! :rolleyes:

The numbers look good especially for a cold engine!

RunninHotRacing163.1 11-26-2008 10:00 AM

I use Total Seal Gapless and it is VERY rare to see over 5%, even on a cold, haven't been run in months engine.

:eek:mmmmmmmmmmm really

Strip Poker 388 11-26-2008 04:57 PM

Eddie it was right after I did the other side,not warm,When I did the leak down I was looking to see if there was something bad before pulling them out, The piston to cylinder wall clearance has been high,loose, I just don't want to buy a new blocks now$$, on this bore its been honed 3 times,the rings haven't been showing much wear just touching the centers,looks like it had some more seating to do,might just dingleberry it to reseat them? less metal taking out of walls.,Iv got 104 hours on this ring and bearings, kinda a preventive maintenance thing and I couldn't handle the water spots ,so reploishing everything:rolleyes::drink:

RunninHotRacing158 there the regular total seal rings,non gapless,

Rob:ernaehrung004:

HotPursuit 11-26-2008 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Total Seals also . No puke tanks Ran a set of J E rings once never again. Its a alot more for the gapless rings but the oil stays alot cleaner and I have never fouled plugs.
Just MY 2