Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja? >

how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja?

Notices

how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flege on here has a 32 with HP500 in it, he might chime in and give you what he thinks.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Flege on here has a 32 with HP500 in it, he might chime in and give you what he thinks.
His is a Force not and ES.... different boats.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

i have offers for hp500 longblocks for 13.500,- and new 496 plug and play for 20.000,-

but i am undecided if i should not try it first with the 454mags. if i decide, i always can make a change. My wife will be happy if i do not go for more.

Rookie question@kaama: how far do you trim the drives up?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Irish Tornado has some low hour (40's or something)496 HO's complete ready to go......$15K for the pair.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Like Jaytee is saying. The 320es is not similar to the force, outlaw or caliber, which are the same basic hull. The 320ES is an extremely deep boat with a large pad, that apparently isn't large enough. They ride up on the pad, then fall off. Very unpredictable handling. Turning the props in makes them TERRIBLE, turning out is better. I loved the room and looks of the boat but hated the ride and handling. Honestly, I would take my 24 outlaw in the rough over my old 320es, at least I know what it is going to do. I have no problem putting more hp in a 32' boat, just not that one. Hell, I have more HP going in my 24' than I had in the 32.

Last edited by 320es; 02-05-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by 320es
Like Jaytee is saying. The 320es is not similar to the force, outlaw or caliber, which are the same basic hull. The 320ES is an extremely deep boat with a large pad, that apparently isn't large enough. They ride up on the pad, then fall off. Very unpredictable handling. Turning the props in makes them TERRIBLE, turning out is better. I loved the room and looks of the boat but hated the ride and handling. Honestly, I would take my 24 outlaw in the rough over my old 320es, at least I know what it is going to do. I have no problem putting more hp in a 32' boat, just not that one. Hell, I have more HP going in my 24' than I had in the 32.

Thank you

All you cheerleaders telling him to add power to
it, need to drive one of these....I guarantee you'll
change your mind.

It's not a setup issue, it's the design of the boat.
( yes, you can add things that might help, but it's not going
to overcome some of the design issues of the boat,
performance wise)

I'm all for going fast, but if you can't control it
the potential it has for speed is useless or deadly

I too loved the room and lines of the 320ES, but
I couldn't deal with the ill handling, compared
to other boats that were out there.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by chris-jack
Rookie question@kaama: how far do you trim the drives up?
Chris, In my cousin's 32' Baja I would NOT know and I am not sure if he has trim/tab indicators.

Now, on my boat....I cannot quite remember, maybe about 6-8 on the indicator. And you must know I have -2" IMCO shorties on extension boxes with 5-bladed props.....so, it does NOT take much trim for my boat to throw a rooster tail.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 320es
The 320ES is an extremely deep boat with a large pad, that apparently isn't large enough. They ride up on the pad, then fall off.
What do you mean with pad? do you talk about the flat space underneath the boat?

How could i be able to fix the problem for more stability? hugh tabs maybe? Anyway, i will not invest in bigger engines untill i have a stabile boat. Thats for sure.

Last edited by chris-jack; 02-06-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Registered

I read on this forum about "chine walk" and i could not allocate it. also i could not find the word in a translaion program. Is this the name of the problem?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by chris-jack
What do you mean with pad? do you talk about the flat space underneath the boat?

How could i be able to fix the problem for more stability? hugh tabs maybe? Anyway, i will not invest in bigger engines untill i have a stabile boat. Thats for sure.

The pad is the flat spot at the rear bottom of the hull. Pads are there to help increase speed. When you get up to speed, the pad will be about the only part of the boat touching the water.

I think you are worrying more about making changes to the boat before you're even comfortable with it. How much seat time do you have in the boat????

Get comfortable with it with the power it has and you will learn what it will need when you want more speed.

Quick Reply: how much hp make sense in a 32ībaja?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.