Handguns ?????? >

Handguns ??????

Notices

Handguns ??????

Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
They used to be and if you hunt hard enough, like anything there are deals but they are much much fewer and far between that 4 or 5 years ago.

An example Wolf .223 FMJ 55 gr $260 for 1000 rounds at Wideners.com ( a low grade plinking ammo) but at the gun show last saturday, multiple vendors $250 for 500 rounds of it. Just fishing for the unsuspecting.

Any tactical optics were $50 to $100 over internet prices, my friend did get a nice deal on a Shepard scope that was $150 off the list price but that's a limited market item. Another friend picked up some 12 gauge Remmington trap shells for under $3 a box.

99.9% of the stuff was at list or better though but then again it's capitalism at work.
Ever get one from the internet or swap meet and it does'nt fire/work or has problems ???
Old 03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2812997]
Originally Posted by CNC

Sold before it hits the shelfs ...WOW sounds like somebodys gettin ready for a revolution,or to rebel against are friggin Taxs

may have to buy some vacant land in Ind and put up a mail box
9mm, .223, 5.56 all in very very very short supply. Small rifle primers for reloading, months on backorder. .224 bullets in 55 gr and up, non existant.

Cabelas got a huge shippment of PNC .223 ammo, all gone in a few weeks.

Wideners.com usually has a lot of ammo, they are just about sold out of all .223. And they buy it by the boxcar.

.40 cal is the only ammo I see that you can buy in any quantity. There is ammo out there but anyting that isn't marked wayyyy up is not on the shelf.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Ever get one from the internet or swap meet and it does'nt fire/work or has problems ???
Me no, but it does happen, same friend I go with bought one recently that the firing pin was broken, didn't know til he took it apart at home. Easy fix. So it does happen. Most stuff will be in working order but the biggest risk is the bore and people understating how many rounds through the gun. Figure about double what they tell you. Kind of like getting an estimate to work on your boat!
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Me no, but it does happen, same friend I go with bought one recently that the firing pin was broken, didn't know til he took it apart at home. Easy fix. So it does happen. Most stuff will be in working order but the biggest risk is the bore and people understating how many rounds through the gun. Figure about double what they tell you. Kind of like getting an estimate to work on your boat!
Kind of like getting an estimate to work on your boat!

I hear ya
Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Bill, call me. I've got some connections that might be able to get you what you need, as long as you know what you want.
This gun $hit is getting out of controll. Better stock up while you can. Some friends of mine and I seen this coming many years ago. My friends used to laugh at me many years back when I'd spend thousands of $$$ at gun shows and fill the back of the burban with ammo. Any ammo I'd find at a deal, I'd buy it all up. If I did'nt have a gun of that caliber, I'd buy one LMAO. Now, my friends say that I could supply a army and still have ammo left over.
Our govt is'nt gonna ban the guns, they're gonna make it impossible to be able to use them. Ammo prices have gone through the roof. Shells that used to be $3 a box, are now 9-10 bucks. And reloading is'nt much cheaper either.

What are ya lookin for ???

Go onto Yellowbullet.com it's a drag racing site that we go on alot. Monty, the owner of the site is a big pro-gun guy, and they have a very big section that talks and trades gun related stuff. I am usually on that site more than I'm on here.
BTW, ya gonna bring that chevelle out to the grove and run with our new class ? MSSM (Midwest Super Stock Mafia) Check out our website, no gun stuff there tho, just drag racing.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
Bill, call me. I've got some connections that might be able to get you what you need, as long as you know what you want.
This gun $hit is getting out of controll. Better stock up while you can. Some friends of mine and I seen this coming many years ago. My friends used to laugh at me many years back when I'd spend thousands of $$$ at gun shows and fill the back of the burban with ammo. Any ammo I'd find at a deal, I'd buy it all up. If I did'nt have a gun of that caliber, I'd buy one LMAO. Now, my friends say that I could supply a army and still have ammo left over.
Our govt is'nt gonna ban the guns, they're gonna make it impossible to be able to use them. Ammo prices have gone through the roof. Shells that used to be $3 a box, are now 9-10 bucks. And reloading is'nt much cheaper either.

What are ya lookin for ???

Go onto Yellowbullet.com it's a drag racing site that we go on alot. Monty, the owner of the site is a big pro-gun guy, and they have a very big section that talks and trades gun related stuff. I am usually on that site more than I'm on here.
BTW, ya gonna bring that chevelle out to the grove and run with our new class ? MSSM (Midwest Super Stock Mafia) Check out our website, no gun stuff there tho, just drag racing.
Connections Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll call ya
Old 03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on what you are looking for, Buds gun shop out of Kentucky does a lot of internet sells, and is generally the cheapest in the net, but only whay is in stock. They will only ship to a FFL, but usually a twenty dollar transfer fee.
Another good place is internet forums like this one, try google you will find one for what ever you are looking for. generally used, so be carefull.

Ammo prices have been out of control for 2 years. Used to be able to buy 9mm at local acadamey sports for $3.86 a box for cheap stuff, now same box is $12 or more. I reload and many of the bullet casters have gone out of business because the supply of lead and copper has gotten very competitive, some blame this on the war in Iraq, but most blame it on a growth boom in China. Every time another caster goes out of business they blame supply problems on China consuming mass quantities of raw materials. I used to be able to buy .45 for about 3-5cents a piece and $11 per thousand primer, now runs me 7-8 cents a piece and $35 a thousand on primers. Does not seem like a big deal unless you are shooting 4000 rounds a week like I used too.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tx911
Depends on what you are looking for, Buds gun shop out of Kentucky does a lot of internet sells, and is generally the cheapest in the net, but only whay is in stock. They will only ship to a FFL, but usually a twenty dollar transfer fee.
Another good place is internet forums like this one, try google you will find one for what ever you are looking for. generally used, so be carefull.

Ammo prices have been out of control for 2 years. Used to be able to buy 9mm at local acadamey sports for $3.86 a box for cheap stuff, now same box is $12 or more. I reload and many of the bullet casters have gone out of business because the supply of lead and copper has gotten very competitive, some blame this on the war in Iraq, but most blame it on a growth boom in China. Every time another caster goes out of business they blame supply problems on China consuming mass quantities of raw materials. I used to be able to buy .45 for about 3-5cents a piece and $11 per thousand primer, now runs me 7-8 cents a piece and $35 a thousand on primers. Does not seem like a big deal unless you are shooting 4000 rounds a week like I used too.
Thanks willcheck out Buds
Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Registered

Do a search for INDY 1500. One of the best gun shows around. Also I believe if you are a resident of Indiana you don't need any paper work if it is a private sale.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better buy all you can while you can. I see some changes coming soon, and not for the better.

Quick Reply: Handguns ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.