Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo? >

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Notices

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be missing something. I looked back at earlier posts and wonder what the gps is. The wires in the small plug are from my antenna. It was said that by connecting the gauge this way got rid of this. If someone can clarify this please feel free to call me. 317-679-4453 Mike. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by indywhsle
This is not a digital guage. I don't see how I can go to a menu. Here is how it looks from the front.
He is refering to a gps nav. sysyem not a speedo. I was asking about connecting my speedo to my gps system so I can do away with my speedo antenna all together.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
He is refering to a gps nav. sysyem not a speedo. I was asking about connecting my speedo to my gps system so I can do away with my speedo antenna all together.
EXACTLY!
Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by boatfreak
That make more sence.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First time out last weekend for last 3 weeks - GPS Speedo at 9 o'clock position. Damn! Thank you all for this thread. I am going to attempt the battery replacement myself. Has anyone contrived a way to make the battery easily replaceable yet as shockproof as the original install was? Better yet, what about the "extra" wires used for the small plug? Could those carry 3 volts to the antenna obtained from somewhere under the dash? What about all our other gauges. They must get their power from somewhere since they don't have batteries.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Registered

Just wanted to bring this back to the top. Anybody got a good solution to a permanent power supply for the puck? I understand about the NEMA hookup, but I don't always use our Standard Horizon GPS on smaller lakes, and would like to have the speedo be able to stand alone.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered

OK. Battery replacement done. A bigger battery will not fit, I tried. BE SURE they tack weld the soldering tabs onto the new battery properly, with the angled one on the PLUS terminal or the battery will not fit back in correctly. I tried that too, and had to go back to the store for the correct configuration. Thanks to Naughty Kitty post with the pictures I could show the guy as he did not believe that he initially put on the soldering tabs the wrong way!!

Last edited by On Time; 08-11-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
OK. Battery replacement done. A bigger battery will not fit, I tried. BE SURE they tack weld the soldering tabs onto the new battery properly, with the angled one on the PLUS terminal or the battery will not fit back in correctly. I tried that too, and had to go back to the store for the correct configuration. Thanks to Naughty Kitty post with the pictures I could show the guy as he did not believe that he initially put on the soldering tabs the wrong way!!
I've got the battery out and picked up a replacement at a local watch repair place, but the guy said I couldn't solder the tabs onto the new battery because of the heat - could damage/explode the battery?! I took it to a couple of different places (watch repair, jewellry repair, and a couple computer repair places) and they all said the same thing about the heat. How do the leads get attached? I didn't think the heat from a quick soldering would do anything.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by raeburn
I've got the battery out and picked up a replacement at a local watch repair place, but the guy said I couldn't solder the tabs onto the new battery because of the heat - could damage/explode the battery?! I took it to a couple of different places (watch repair, jewellry repair, and a couple computer repair places) and they all said the same thing about the heat. How do the leads get attached? I didn't think the heat from a quick soldering would do anything.
I tried it last summer. I could not get it right. Burnt up two batteries. Good luck.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

BE SURE they tack weld the soldering tabs onto the new battery properly

Think this is the way to go. Just tack weld with low enough heat to stick and not over heat the battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.