Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo? >

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Notices

How to change antenna battery on a Livorsi GPS speedo?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Here ya go guys. Replace your puck with this one and be done with it. There was a whole thread on it over at Screamandfly.
For $105 I can run my boat across the Chesapeake to have lunch with some friends. Using my directions, you can take two 10 cent butt splice connectors, connect your GPS data output wires to the GPS gauge data input wires to solve the problem permanently, then remove the mushroom antenna so the boat looks even better. The gauge simply reads the speed related data your GPS sends and the displays the speed, no antenna required at all.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mine is working

I hope. The purpose of this post is for info only in case it can help someone. No controversy intended.

My Nordskog digital speedo/GPS stopping working last fall after some erratic behavior. Checked OSO and found out it might be a battery problem. The antenna/receiver is a Garmin 35 which is the size and shape of a computer mouse. Nordskog is no longer in business and the Garmin 35 is discountinued. Service is obviously not available. We don't have another GPS to hook up to so we changed the battery out. The battery we needed was a Panasonic 1220. This particuliar battery had the contacts already attached so there was no problem that some people had with the battery. Had a friend solder the battery in place and reinstalled the receiver in the boat. Wasn't sure it was working so today I hitched up the trailer to the truck and had a volunteer sit in the boat. Yes I know that isn't the best idea but I only towed about 1/2 mile at under 30 mph and no traffic. And the Nordskog registered speed and retained top speed. When we ran the boat on the hose a few days ago we also had rpm and volts. So all we have to do is reseal it and mount it. I hope!

Again, no criticism intended but [I] think we can all agree that when we spend $400 + on something we should be able to get it fixed not replaced.

Ray
Old 04-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by indywhsle
I think that I have a different guage than every one. the back of my guage does not have the seperate terminals. There is a big plug that has six wires and there is another smaller plug that is from the antena that has three wires (black, red, and orange).
in this pic does anyone know from top to bottom on the 3 pin which pin is power and Ground and Antana

Last edited by gnorthga; 04-26-2018 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Spelling