Disc Changer Mounting??

Notices

Disc Changer Mounting??

Old 05-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disc Changer Mounting??

Hey Guys

I have a Disc changer that I am going to add to my existing system, its an older Rockford Fosgate unit, its a "Marine" one, which is to say its not waterproof, but, will handle moisture and dampness, I was curious if anyone has ever mounted one under the passenger seat?, I have drop out bolsters, but, the unit isn't very big and if I put it towards the stern a little bit it wouldn't affect your feet when your standing in the bolster.

My other option is cabin mounting, but, the system was all professionally installed when I bought the boat [minus the changer] and to get the wiring back up through the cabin interior and have it all "look" nice would mean tearing out a bunch of interior panels, and removing all the Amps/wiring, in other words A LOT of work!

Any Input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Michael
Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by n20michael
Hey Guys

I have a Disc changer that I am going to add to my existing system, its an older Rockford Fosgate unit, its a "Marine" one, which is to say its not waterproof, but, will handle moisture and dampness, I was curious if anyone has ever mounted one under the passenger seat?, I have drop out bolsters, but, the unit isn't very big and if I put it towards the stern a little bit it wouldn't affect your feet when your standing in the bolster.

My other option is cabin mounting, but, the system was all professionally installed when I bought the boat [minus the changer] and to get the wiring back up through the cabin interior and have it all "look" nice would mean tearing out a bunch of interior panels, and removing all the Amps/wiring, in other words A LOT of work!

Any Input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Michael
I would pass on the disc changer unless it is safely put away in the cabin. Mp3 players or ipods are much better suited to marine use. Pretty much shock proof where the cd players really only work right when you are stationary.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

I actually got the CD changer mounted in the Cabin, lost about a quart of blood and probably took 5 years off my life, but, its done, would MUCH rather run an Ipod/MP3 player, but, my deck doesn't have an input for one, I have used those modulators in the past, but, never had a lot of luck with them, Thanks for the advice!!