bbc intake help air gap, Weiand stealth >

bbc intake help air gap, Weiand stealth

Notices

bbc intake help air gap, Weiand stealth

Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default bbc intake help air gap, Weiand stealth

i have been looking for a air gap manifold cheap and i ahve been told that the weiand stealth is comparable, is that true? i found one locally new for 150 but i bet i could snag it for 125 or so. if it is gonna hurt the power then i guess its a no, if comparable i could get it for half the price of a new air gap. this is a tight budget build so every dollar counts! thanks
Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

from what i am seeing the stealth looks pretty similar to the normal edelbrock performer dual plane but i am not sure....
Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

When I was building my 468's I asked JimV the same question. He told me that back in the day that he use to use the Wieand Stealths back when they had to use dual plane manifolds on race engines. (B-class i think) I had the Stealths already and was told not to buy the air gaps. I pulled power over 6250 rpms with the Stealths. I do not think you would see a noticeable difference between the 2.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Gap

One thing you might think about if you are running stock recirculation pump and not a crossover. When you add the air gap intake the mounting boss for the thermostat housing is taller you can usually make all the hoses except the large one from the recirc pump fit. The hose from the mercruiser 525sc will fit but good luck getting one from merc they have been unavailable for the last 6 mos. Something to think about.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Registered

dang, that is something to think about. does anyone think i will notice a big difference in power? edelbrock is the only company i have seen with a air gap.....