Low oil pressure at higher RPM" New Motor BBC" >

Low oil pressure at higher RPM" New Motor BBC"

Notices

Low oil pressure at higher RPM" New Motor BBC"

Old 06-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah no kidding 90psi is hella high. lol
He must have a high flow aftermarket pump.
Thanks for the info on the oil flow I just wish I could see some pics...
Old 06-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Did you use your old oil psi sender or the one that was on the engine????

I had an oil psi gauge that did the about the same thing. It had a VDO sender on the engine and a livorsi gauge. It made the guage run in reverse. At idle it was pegged and would drop to 30psi with more rpm.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input, but I dont think that is the case. Usually at idle Im at 45-50psi and as it climbs to 1500-1800 rpm it rises to 60-65psi as soon as it reaches2000- 2200rpm it falls to 20-10-0. Let up on throttle back to idle and it climbs back to 45-50psi. As soon as it drops psi I pull back on throttle immediately cause I dont want to mess it up.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered

Tonight after work I will check my oil plumbing first and then put a mechanical gauge on it and see what happens. I just hope it is one of the two. I really dont want to take the motor back out. I just got it in.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Did you use your old oil psi sender or the one that was on the engine????

I had an oil psi gauge that did the about the same thing. It had a VDO sender on the engine and a livorsi gauge. It made the guage run in reverse. At idle it was pegged and would drop to 30psi with more rpm.
Ditto. I had the exact same thing happen.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered

Default Wow I have the worst luck

You guys arnt going to believe this one. I figured out he the problem with my low oil pressure. I removed the sending unit and installed a mechanical gauge and everything worked great. Just for grins I reinstalled the same sending unit after cleaning off all the paint and now it works fine too. So guys check you connections. LOL
So now the bad news.
Since I knew everything was running up to par. It was time to break in the new motor properly If you know what I mean. I was cruisen along and thud!!! Rock bottom. Hit a freakin rock or somethin. Killed the engine immediatly. Didnt want to start at first but finally fired. Ran like ****. Instead of good oil pressure at idle I had bad oil pressure all together. I really messed it up this time. Boat started taking on water slowly, so I headed for the dock. Backed in the trailer and tried to get the pos loaded. It was tyhe hardest thing I ever had to do the boat ran like **** and could barely trailer it. Finally got it on but a runner ripped off and scarred up the rest of the boat probably worse than the rock did. SO Now it looks like IM not gunna be bopating for a while. I called the insurance on this one so we will see what happens. I really want to fix her she is my baby, but at the same time I wish they would almost total it out and start fresh. I dont know everything happens for a reason right? Wish me luck guys.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

Awww man that sucks. You have luck like I do!! Hope it all works out well for you.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Registered

What did the rock break to cause water to come in the boat and the engine to lose oil pressure.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Thats what i want to know,,,also a rock does not float ,,,,how did u hit a rock if the water was deep enough ???

Looks like an insurance scam to me

GOOD LUCK !!!!
X2
Old 06-05-2009, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know where he is boating at, but you come out here to lake powell, rocks do float, you can be in 200 feet of water and have a pinnacle pop up out of nowhere, Don't be to hasty to judge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.