Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   What triggers dash alarm in a Cigarette? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/210518-what-triggers-dash-alarm-cigarette.html)

eichhoma 06-08-2009 10:38 AM

What triggers dash alarm in a Cigarette?

I have a 93 Cig TG.... It has pretty much the stock set up of 525sc's except the longlocks were just changed out to 502's from 454's and they have blower shop blowers on them....

The port side engine alarm is staying on (beeping) after start up.... I know the drive resorvoir can trigger it but it is good, its full and I undid the wires to test and it still goes off....
Engine temp and oil pressure are all good too. Wondering if it is ground or electrical....

thoughts on what I should try/check? thanks in advance.

Mark

Griff 06-08-2009 11:32 AM

Only the drive lube sensor, oil psi alarm sensor, and water temp alarm sensor can set it off. You've eliminated the lube sensor, so its probably one of the other two.

I had an alarm going off and it ended up a spliced wire for the lube sensor had come apart and the wire was grounding out on the engine.

eichhoma 06-08-2009 01:22 PM

Ok cool, thanks Scott....
I will test the h20 and oil....

So when are you guys heading down to LOTO this summer? I owe you a few cold ones!

Griff 06-09-2009 02:14 AM

We'll be down this Friday for a full week with the kids. Then back home for 6 days and back down the for the MWBP poker run without the kids.

waconda 06-09-2009 07:04 AM

Mark what did you come up with on your tachs? Are the people who installed your motors helping you out any with all these problems?
Hope you get it all worked out soon!

eichhoma 06-09-2009 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2884002)
We'll be down this Friday for a full week with the kids. Then back home for 6 days and back down the for the MWBP poker run without the kids.

We will Be down this Friday through Sunday then Next Thursday through Sunday.... lets try and meet up for a drink... where you staying or gonna be coving mostly?

eichhoma 06-09-2009 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by waconda (Post 2884054)
Mark what did you come up with on your tachs? Are the people who installed your motors helping you out any with all these problems?
Hope you get it all worked out soon!

Hey John.... well, I put in a new set of tachs by Livorsi... they said they were better; had steel cases instead of plastic, and had good filters in them.... and they seem to work... but that didnt actually correct the problem in my eyes, it only covered up... somewhere there is somethign going on creating some interference of some kind since the new motors went in that wasnt there before. 2 tachs didnt both go bad the same time, the same way, ya know?
No real complaints about the builder. he stuck with it and didnt bill me for his time looking into it, but then again, a buddy and me spent about 20 hours more than him and finally came up with that fix... so, for now, I guess all is good... but now have an engine alarm issue... the entire electrical system in this boat probably could use a good going through....

waconda 06-09-2009 07:28 AM

Did the alarm just start going off? Or has it done this the whole time?

Pete280 06-09-2009 08:02 AM

dont know about a 525 but on a 502mpi a soft alarm (not a solid beep) will go off when an input sensor sets a code. It is a single beep every 3 seconds.

I am not a mechanic but I have read the manual about 50 times trying to figure out my issues.

Wobble 06-09-2009 08:11 AM

What triggers dash alarm in a Cigarette?

Apache?:eek: